Hello there, I am pretty scared right now because it seems that I have some atypical cells in bladder. I am afraid that it is cancer. Is this cancer for sure or it doesn't have to be. I am eager to hear your answers but don't keep me waiting for too long. Thank you in advance for understanding.

This can be a result from some kind of infection. You really should examine yourself thoroughly. I really hope that you don't have cancer. This type of cancer is very common with guys. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If it is tumor, it can be benign after all. Try to stay positive because that is the only option for you right now.

Hello there,

I hope that now you are ok and that you have resolved your problem and that it wasn’t cancer because I have similar symptoms. Could you please post all what has happened to you after you have found this in your urine. Did you consult your doctor and what were the diagnosis and treatment options and what did you do?

And of course how are you feeling now? Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I am so concern and I hope that everything will be fine.

I too have been diagnosed with A-Typical cells in my bladder from a recent bladder cystoscope. My doctors believe it is from Proton radiation therapy that I received 2 years ago for prostate cancer. The proton therapy worked and killed my prostate cancer. The A-Typical cells are thought to be leftover cells com an area of my bladder that was irritated from the nearby radiated prostate. Colon scope looked fine, no issues. I am asked to come back to my doctor and give a urine sample for pathology in 4.5 months to see if they have cleared out. If they are still present a biopsy is requested to see where they are coming from. Recent CT scan showed no tumors or malignancies.