I have a very complex health issue at hand.  I began having UTI symptoms months ago which was initially treated as a UTI and took antibiotics for about 6 months until a doctor realized there was no bacteria present.  I was then sent to get a CT scan for kidney stones and got a cystoscopy to check for abnormalities.  Everything checked out okay except that my bladder was thinner than normal for a 26 year old.   My urologist used the diagnoses of exclusions to assume I have interstitial cystitis and gave me a few oral medications to try which overall did not work.  I am scheduled to have DMSO installations to ease my bladder pain which I describe as frequency, urgency, pressure and fulless.. sometimes so severe I cry as I try and pee and pee to get the inflamation to stop.  Over the last month I have been to urgent care, the ER and my primary care doc 2x complaining of this happening and it's ruining me.   It interferes with my plans to enjoy life, exercise and whenever I feel like pushing forward, the inflamation happens.    It's frustrating.   Anyhow, today I went to my primary care doctor and he seems to think that it may not be IC because my symptoms dont reflect IC and my flare ups occur often round my period but not always.  (Dont see why not, but ok?).  I also drink coffee and dont get flare ups but will have no coffee and get a flare up.  He says that even though my cystoscopy came back normal I might have endometreosis on the outside of the bladder.   Later in the day, my urologist assures me that bladder endometreosis is rare and would have likely came up in the cystoscopy.   I am confused by the idea of a new possible diagnoses and the two different opinions.  I am feeling hopeless, gaining weight, losing energy, having depression and all kinds of troubles when 1 year ago I was healthy and physically active and fit.  I got sick going to my first bikram yoga class the other day :(

I am so sorry you were feeling that way.  Has anyone ever officially diagnosed you?  I have had a UTI for just over two weeks and have been treated with cipro which helped somewhat and now bactrim seems to be better but again symptoms are not completely gone.  Sometimes I wake up in the morning, and I feel great but as the day progresses I feel the symptoms coming on again.  Sometimes I feel terrible in the morning and waking up in the early hours, and as the day progresses I feel better.  In the past, I either had symptoms or I didn't AND I've always treated them at hoem with water and cranberry juice.  What can be preventing me from getting better? 

I just don't know what to do but DO NOT have insurance so going to a specialist is out of the question.  I hear all these stories of women having UTI symptoms for 1-2-3 years and it scares the heck out of me.  I want to live a normal life again! 

You need to see a UROGYNECOLOGIST. They take into account both urology and gynie problems. Endometriosis, or varicose veins outside your bladder are treatable with lasers. FOr gods sake, I know everyone says canadian health care sucks, but I'm in Canada, and I've had the best treatment I could expect. Keep with the Bikram, I've been doing it, too. It will help reduce the toxins in your body, and give your bladder and kidneys a bit of a break. Don't be afraid to take a knee if you're gettng overwhelmed or it's too hot (ha). I had my first class last night, and seriously, I has on my knees thinking I was going to faint, puke, die or all three, but I'll tell you what, my pain is a little better today. I think it's working.