I had a cystoscopy 2 days ago. I was unable to urinate and had to leave the hospital with a catheter. It was taken out yesterday morning. During the day i as only able to void a few drips here and there, and once in a while if i got lucky, a small stream for a few seconds. The doctor said its my nerves causing the sphincter muscles not to work properly? Does this sound normal after two days, i am currently having so self cath.

That could be it...but I mean its been two days....thats must be horrible. I would call another doc and see what they say. I am actually going for a cystoscopy in 2 weeks. They arent going to put me 2 sleep..and told me to drink 32oz. of fliud. Do they do this for a urine sample or to see into the bladder? I am afraid I might pee on them!!! Does it hurt like hell? Did they put you to sleep...did you have to drink 32oz of fluid too?

I just had a cystoscopy a few hours ago. Thanks to all the forums, I had an idea of what I could expect. Thought I should put in my experience..
Once you get to the clinic. the nurse preps you- puts you in stirrups -she first uses an antiseptic solution to clean your parts. Then she puts in some anaesthetic gel in your urethra..with a syringe (without the needle). Then once that's done, the doctor comes in. The cystoscope is about as thick as a drinking straw. The doctor then starts to insert the scope through your urethra.. It hurts a bit like for 10s. if you are relaxed and dont tense all the muscles then the stinging pain should only be for 5-6s. After that there was no pain involved till you pee the next time.. when it burns quite a bit.

Burns quite a bit......that is an understatement.
When the urine gets to about a half-inch from the opening of the penis it feels like razor blades on the inside.

OMG, i had the cystoscopy done a few days ago an i was put under, because doc said i wouldnt be able to tolarate the procedure an he was right when i woke up they sent me to go pee. no problem, but when i got home an had to go pee it was ridiculously painful, and i cryed it hurt so much. dont let anyone ever tell you that you will be fine afterwards , because you will be in some serious pain at least i was :?

I just had a bladder operation and cather and after removal I'm now registering a 10 eveytime I try to urinate. My urine blast out good just like I was in my teens but the pain is so bad that I have to lean my head aginst the wall and hurt like crazy! I need to know just how long this is going to go on it has been two weeks of hell so far can't walk because if I do and I get more than a few feet away from a bathroom I'm afraid I will wet the floor before I reach the bathroom. I'm in pain like I have never been in before. I have three of these operations and this last one has been the worst.