i was diagnosed with a urethrocele in 1984 found during a cystoscopy. i had presented symptoms of white, thick, odorless discharge and dyspurenia to my family practice doctor and he referred me to a urologist. the urethrocele was of minimal size and Kegels were prescribed.
In 2006 I was seen by a urologist because of frequent bladder infections and he did an in office cystoscopy (very hurridely because it was immensely painful) and he said I did not have a urethrocele. The exam did not include a pelvic. I am 77 years old, sexually inactive since 2001, and am experiencing bladder prolase systoms. Three months ago I had a bladder infection that was treated with nitrofurantin 100 mgm t i d and pyridium t i d. Two weeks later I developed yeast infection that I treated with mycostatin therapy. Now I have developed a thick, white, odorless discharge (this symptom was present in 1984) around my urethral opening.
Is this a symptom of the original urethrocele diagnosed in 1984? This problem comes and goes through the years. I have recently had a viral chest cough which might have exacerbated the prolapse condition. Do I need to see a doctor at this time?

When you developed the yeast infection, you say you treated it with mycostatin. Was it prescribed or over the counter?

I tend to think you still have that yeast infection.

With the cough that you have, you should see a doctor. There is a possibility that they are related and that the cough exacerbated the prolapse.

Good luck

I agree with what medic-dan has posted because your symptoms sound a little unusual and all over the place. Out of curiosity are you also doing anything to help prevent a urinary tract infection as well? I know that cranberry juice can be preventative so that should help out. I think that regardless, yes, you should see a doctor because it could be more serious if it goes untreated. Keep us posted!