I had my gall bladder removed about 5 yrs ago, but im developing the same pain that came from the gall stone symptoms..im wondering if it actually "grows back"..

I had my gall bladder out in 2000. Have been pain free until recently when I found out that the same stones that form in the gallbladder have now formed in my liver. Hence you get the same symptoms you had when you still had your gallbladder. Your gallbladder does not grow back in. What is done however, is if you cannot pass the stones from the liver then the doctor goes down via your throat with a special instrument and widens the exit channel from the liver so the stones can pass freely into the intestines and then are passed out of your system that way. The procedure works well and am now pain free once again. I found out that gall stones really form in the liver and therefore can continue to be formed if one does not pay attention to ones diet.

No they don't grow back. It maybe a stone in the bile duct. Go to your dr. They can help.

Your gallbladder can regenerate if a mall portion is left in your body. My gallbladder had attached itself to my main bile duct, and rather than risk a bile duct injury. my doctor left 5% of my gallbladder intact. Less than two years later was once again experiencing "gallbladder attacks". After an abdominal MRI it was clear that the gallbladder had regenerated and I had almost a full sized gallbladder once again. I had a second surgery known as a gallbladder completion to remove it in its entirety this time.

Omg... really? I was just asking my bf if it cool grow back. I had it out last may, 20, 2014. Now having dame symptoms of what I had then. Same pain. Same naceousness. My gall bladder was bad functioning at 7%. No stones that were noticeably big they said. Little ones. Now afyer reading things online I'm worried something Is wrong. Stomach is huge again too like it was then.

I just been having severe burning an pain an throwing up my gallbladder was removed back in 2009 just today went to er an what was my surprise i got a ultrasound done an doctor told me i have a gallbladder i told her that cant be i had mine removed back in 2009 then i asked her is there any way i could of growed a new gallbladder she said no so now im wondering so why did i get surgery if it wasnt removed im confused

I had my gall bladder out in 1997 and this past March had it removed again. On the original surgery done lapro they left a remenant of the gall bladder there for it grew back! True story! I also was blessed with gall stones.2nd surgery had to be completed long cut and many complications. Infections inside and out. Developed a abcess so a second surgery was needed to repair that. I had to have nurses come to my home 3x's a week for wound vac change and then for packings. It has been a painful mess.

I had mine removed in 1994 and I am experiencing the same symptoms of gallbladder issues, i have lost a ton of weight, I can't eat pain in my back, stomach pain like you wouldn't believe it is absolutely horrible. My boyfriend is making me go to the hospital today because he is so mad at me that all day I haven't even been able to eat one whole piece of toast.

Why was it has to be removed? Pls explain..

Sometimes if the gall bladder is still healthy and stones can be removed with no problem they leave it intact. Maybe that was your case. Interesting though. Ypu could request copies of the surgical reports and imaging studies if done in US. They're your medical paperwork so you have a right to get them and see what the notes say about what they did. Goodluck!

How long do they keep records of the surgery?

wait...he's MAD at you for being in pain?

What test will the dr. do to find out if you have gallstones without a gallbladder?

an ultra sound

Sorry, I thought you said with one. Without one would probably be a ct scan.