I'm a healthy 28 year old female and for the past 3 months, after exercise, running or walking for a total of about 4 miles, when I pee afterwards, there is visible blood in my urine but only shows up right after exercise and then subsides. There is no pain, no cramping. I've been running almost daily for about 7 years. About a month ago, I've been getting really frequent periods (every 2-1/2 weeks). My blood test came back normal and a urine test did show blood and vaginal cells.

I saw a urologist, had a ct scan and a cystoscopy and nothing out of the ordinary was found in my bladder or kidney. They did see that I have a septate uterus with fluid in the septate.

Then I saw a gyno, my uterus felt fine to her and she tested me for gonnorreah and chlamydia just to rule it out and now I am getting a sonogram to make sure nothing out of the ordinary is wrong with the uterus that may be effecting the bladder.

I'm really frustrated because no one seems to know what's wrong yet and blood freaks me out. if anyone can help, I'd be very thankful.

hi. no matter what, blood in urine treatment needs to be found. but to understand and to figure out why you are seeing the blood in your urine after exercises, you need to examine your whole medical history - for example, were there some trauma? do you take any supplements? because those supplements can cause this for you. also, strenuous workouts including both weightlifting and aerobic training as well can actually cause blood to appear in the urine. There is a specific condition known as march hematuria. In this case, diagnose and treatment is needed. I don't like to say ASAP, but do something fast about this. Seek for another opinion. And if you are taking some supplements, don't lie to your doctor. 

Well, the fact that your doctors do not seem to be freaked out is a good sign, I would think. Try and relax. The doctors are looking into it and they will be the untimate decision makers. Place your confidence in their hands. Also, think positive. It will be alright! :-)

Hi - I am experiencing the same,..Had the blood on my urine after running 10k today..I am bit afraid that there is something wrong...

I get the same thing after a run sometimes . If it happens once it seems to re-ocur frequently for a while. Usually happens if you have been pushing youself constantly  too much . I find if you hydrate yourself enough and dont empty your bladder before exercise, it will calm down.Take it a bit more easy for a while, your body is telling you!