hi, i'm 16 and i am not currently sexually active at all, but i recently discovered that i have this blood blister about the size of a pinky nail on my vagina a little below my underwear line. (mons pubis is where mine is located in this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Vagina-anatomy-labelled1.jpg[/url]) i've had it for maybe a month or more and i have popped it but only blood comes out, no puss. it's only painful when i press hard. i would like to know if theres any way i can make it go away because it's ugly and embarassing. i've read a lot of responses on here and mine seems to be similar but not quite exactly the same. i just want to know what i can do to treat it? help? thanksss![/url]

I have exactly the same thing, is yours kinda purply and when you pop it the blood is dark. Im worried to so im bookmarking this page.

I have had the same things off and on for years. I am a little worried now though because the newest one I have came up the same way and when it popped there was a lot of blood and now I have a hole there the size of a pencil eraser. Has anyone gotten any answers from a doctor?

i have the same thing too, i shaved last night, and it appeared today, so not sure if they're linked. Dark blood came out, not much pain, but ill see if it reappears tomorrow and if it does, I'm going to a doctor. not to scare you or anything, but I have read on other forums that it might be herpes, but the pictures don't look like it's herpes or anything.
I'll let you know

It's not herpes. put a warm cloth over it and it should go away. Shaving can cause ingrown hairs which can cause these painful bumps. I get them all the time.

I have the same thing. I always appears in the same spot right in the middle. Now that it's almost ten years later of having the same thing, it now will puss the odd time, but mostly just dark blood. Then end up with a hole. Has anyone figured out what this is exactly?? I've been on the computer for HOURS trying to find out what this is. --It's not herpes, it's not lichen sclerosus, it's not bartholin's glands cyst (as it's in the wrong location), its not vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia, not genital warts and even not lichen planus.
Would love to know what it is, even my doc doesn't know and am going to a specialist, but everytime I have the appointments, it's not there. Argh!!

Please post doc!!!

Ive been having the same thing for almost a year or so now. At first I was extremely worried it was herpes or something... But I found something online the other day that really seems like the same thing and its called Hidradenitis suppurativa.
I get a blister like bump that is full of blood and itll swell up and be kinda large a times but then itll go down. And then itll go away after a few days.. Im thinking it might be this Hidradenitis suppurativa thing or it could just be blood blisters for no apparent reason.. Im hoping its nothing serious.. Im going to talk to my mom about it soon Ive just been kind of scared..

i have kinda the same thing but where is yours located

It could be two things.
1. cystic acne
2. irritation from shaving

I get them too maybe one or two a year it freaked me out so bad the first time I noticed it.

i found this page and thought if anyone can give ny suggestions on how to get rid of it. could it be serious? i am  kinda  scared to to talk to my mum about it and dont  want  to go the doctors  but if nessecary i will.

Keep checking for this on google. I found it a couple of years ago and it has a name. It is NOT acne, shaving, vircroise veins, Herpes, vaginal warts, or an ingrown hair. It has a medical name I can't find on these talk sites. I broke out with them after my daughter was born. They will come and go. I've had them for 36 years! I asked my doctor about them and he said the only way to get rid of them was with laser removal and that would be too painful. Some days there are none, and some days it looks like I'm eaten up with the rot.

I've been getting them for years I hate them they hurt when they pop like if my panties rub on it too long it pops! They do make holes in your skin down there deep ones! I have had alot lately usually its just one every couple of months! I went to the doctor years ago and she told me it was folocolitis look it up everyone! I sometimes don't believe her but she is a doctor and had my obgyn look as well got same diagnosis! Hope this helps! Usually I get some puss and dark blood as well this time it popped it was bright red blood it scares me too!

Im 16 too and havent been sexually active either. I was shaving when i noticed mine and accidentally went over it with the razor and it bled. Its darkish purple but doesnt hurt. I called my mom in and she said it was probably an ingrown hair. But if it doesnt go away shes taking me to the doctor. I also believe its an ingrown hair ,what else could it be?

you all sound like you have the same thing, with the exception of the person who noticed hers after shaving, that was likely an ingrown. these dark, purple, hard lumps that explode with a lot of blood and blood clots are HS: Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is a chronic condition and sometimes you get a cluster of these bumps and require minor surgery to extract them.

I use surgical scrub to keep mine clean. Anything with chlorhexidine in it is similar to surgical scrub and what they want patients to bathe with pre-op. wash the area at least 3 times a day and put anti-biotic ointment. You can put chlorhexidine soap in your bath water so that way you can soak your groin in the soap (it will not bother your vagina). All you can do with this condition is manage it, it never goes away. I just had one burst that was about the size of a blueberry and the contents were dark blood, lots of pieces of clot and a lot of blood. I immediately soaked in a bathe with chlorhexidine to clean it out. Keep them clean because if they are infection it can get pretty serious and you will need to see a doctor. If there is pus, you need to go to the doctor immediately.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi. I know this post is old but after finding a blood blister-type thing on my vagina, and some googling, I found this post.

At first I was super worried, as someone with HPV, I thought it was related. I almost scheduled a doctors apt. But I thought I would try home remedies instead.

The situation: a blood blister-type sore about the size of a pea on my labia. It hurt like an ingrown hair but looked like a blood blister. It didn't hurt when I was sitting or walking normally, but moving a lot and wiping hurt. In fact, it bled a little when I wiped. But it expanded and contracted for bigger and shrunk at random times.

I could not find anything online to confirm my situation. But several people who experienced the same thing, and never got back in the thread with an update.

What I did: A warm epsom salt bath. I took a bath and added a couple cups of epsom salt. After soaking for a few minutes, I gently massaged the area. And yes, it hurt. I even tried popping it. But the blister seemed to be hiding at this moment. However, I felt a sort of sudden pop of relief while massaging. I kept going for a little while longer then got out of the tub. It didn't seem to help at first. It hurt all the next day. But every day after (it took 3 to heal completely) it got better.

It's been about a week and it hasn't come back. If it does, I'll go to the doctor.

Hope this helps anyone else who puts the same search terms I did in google.