I have a really painful dark spot in my mouth, I don’t know where it came from, but it’s like a lump or something similar. My sister says it is called blood blister, but it doesn’t look like a blister to me, more like a giant pimple. I have it for four days and it looks bigger and bigger every day. Since it is not deep in my mouth I tried to squeeze it two times but nothing happened, apart from terrible pain and drops of something dark. Is there anyone else with this thing in the mouth? What to do?

When the dentist missed my tooth and hit me or scratched me or I don’t know what he did with the drill, I ended up with the same thing. It is called blood blister and it really can be very painful. These blisters are formed when you experience the damage of tissues and blood vessels under your skin but without damaging the skin itself. It does look like a pimple, but the liquid inside is actually a mixture of lymph and blood and their mixture is that dark fluid you’ve seen when you squeezed the blister. I know so much about this because I did the same thing you did - I tried to pierce the blister believing that it was just a pimple and I ended up with antibiotics since I caused infection. Stop touching it and piercing it, it should just heal, dry up and leave no scar. If this doesn’t happen in several days, it is due to your interference in the natural process of healing. You pay a visit to your doctor if this happens.

I have the same thing in my mouth, which is why i'm here finding information. I can't really help tell you waht this is, but mine is slighltly different. It's fairly big in size & looks like a bubble full of blood. It doesn't hurt at all and it feels as if there is something hard inside of it. I'm actually kind of scared... ! ?

This is exactly what my boyfriend has. What looks like a pocket of blood on the inside bottom of his lip, very dark red with no pain. He's getting really scared not knowing what it is. Does anyone know?

umm, i seen then when i was in gym, i popped it with no pain, but i stopped cause im just thinking it will go away.
so yeah. am i doing the right thing?

Blood blisters can be casued from stress or biting the inside of your mouth (irritating the skin) It could also be a sign of herpes so if it doesn;t go away within a few days or continues to come back id get it checked out!

so i have a similar issue, it basically looks like a pimple on my lip, or some ppl think like a cold sore of some sort, mine can hurt, but it doesn't bleed if i squeeze it, and i can actually kinda feel the root with my tongue on the inside of my bottom lip.... went to the doc for it, she said that its most likely a "hematoma" which is basically a popped blood vessel (harmless)... but she sent me to a plastic surgeon... just went to him yesterday, and he said its a probably a v???? p???? and i don't understand doctor lingo so i only remembered the first letter of each word.. but that it can be painful and irritating, sometimes darker in color, and he is going to remove it and sew it up with 'dissolvable seuters' and it should heal very nicely with hardly a scar. to top it off, he said he was going to send it away to get it checked "Just to make sure" its nothing serious.. but hope this helps some of you! (for those that are as self conscious about it as i was, by going to the plastic surgeon and saying its painful, insurance will cover it!!! :-)

I got a blood blister from eating tortilla chips. It too felt like there was something hard in there. For a minute I though maybe a piece of the chip got wedged in my gum. I looked in the mirror and saw a dark purple bubble. I accidentally popped it and the blood came out. It healed in about 5 days. Nothing to be worried about.

Blood blisters don't hurt .One time in the 8th grade I had gotten my finger caught in the door knob(Don't ask) I went to my next class and it was a blister and it had red stuff in it. My teacher said it was a blood blister.I sat down poked it with my pencil and it popped and blood came out of it .I put a band-aid and some antibacterial cream on it. :-S

i got one from eating nuts. i did eat tortillas right before that though. interesting. i had gotten this before but i never looked it up.

If what you have is a blood blister, don't pop it! In fact, any of these things would probably not be best popped but looked at by a physician first. If you pop it, you do increase your chances of getting ill because you run the risk of bacterial infection. Go see a doctor about this as soon as you can. It's probably not anything much to worry about, but you should get a professional opinion on it. Let me know how it goes!

I have recently discovered small and sometimes large dark red blisters in my mouth . Some of what I think contribute to these are; I have what the dentist calls TMJ and I wear an applicance during my sleep to prevent my back teeth from grinding and from bliting the sids of my mouth. I have also been eating a lot raw carrots and I've been under more stress than usual therefore my sleep not as restful as it usually is.

They go away in a few days, and I agree that it is a good idea not to touch them. I burst one of the blood blisters and it turned out to be soar. I will consult my dentist just to make sure that its not something else that I'm doing that contributes to it. I do drink a lot of hot coffee or herbal tea and I wonder if it might irritate the lining of my mouth? At least now I know that others are experiencing similar thing. Thanks for sharing. Jordan

Hmm... I get little blood blisters in my mouth often, I usually pop them and they heal up quickly, within a day. However, recently I got a blood blister on one of those little lumps within the lower lip that covers the teeth. So I bit it, and it seemed to heal at first, but I accidentally kept biting it whenever I ate. The little bump it was on started to grow over the course of a few days. Now I have what looks like a liquid filled blister the size of a pea there. It's not visible from outside the mouth; I have to pull my lip down to reveal it all the way. I'm kinda nervous about what this may be... I'm not going to pop it because of the risk of infection, but I have no insurance and no doctor to go to about this. It's so tempting to just drain the thing though, it doesn't look like there's any blood in it perhaps, more like a clear liquid, like any other skin blister. Who knows!

I've had them before and have one now. Always seems to be associated with eating stuff that has crusty, sharp edges like pizza or crisp chips/fries (like tonight) So I think they are caused by a sharp scratching that is maybe damaging the underlying tissue but not penetrating the skin of the roof of my mouth. They go away after a few days but they are annoying cos they feel like somthing hard is stuck there. Weird feeling.

I had a blood blister too when I was younger. It was small hard and round on the inside of my mouth with no pain. At first it was just hard and clear then it darkened and got a little bigger. My dad told me to keep popping it until it went away. I popped it and blood came out and would just get bigger and bigger and fill with blood. I finaly went to the dentist and he said it's just when your mouth is irritated like if you bite your mouth, snag it on a hard peice of food like I did (potato chips!). He said STOP POPPING IT just leave it alone and it goes away and sure enough it did.