I'm Sexually active, and I do shave my vagina, often. Maybe once or twice a week. I started to feeling a burn and a itching on my vagina lip, and when I woke up, I had a small bump. It wasn't a white head, or pimple like. It begin to bother me, throughout the whole day, so, i tried popping it. [[Because at the time i thought maybe it was a pimple]]. But it has gotten bigger, swollen, and very painful. Its under my skin, Almost as big as a bead on a necklace or something, but it is veryyy sore. I'm not sure what it is, if its a boil, or a ingrown hair [[does that sound like it could be a ingrown hair?]]. I'm 17, and working on getting my licenses, which I can't go to my doctor, and If I did, i would have to tell my grandmother [[who i am staying with]], and i'm not really open to her about my sex life [[if it has anything to do with sexual activity]] and shaving 'down there'.
If this sounds fimiliar and you might know what it could be, could you tell me what i could possibly do to make it go away, or atleast ease the pain...
I know theres alot of meds you can't use around your vagina, but would peroxide or neosporin [[sp?]] work? What do you suggest?

take a hot bath with salt sit in the tub for 30 min then under the water try to pop the bump thats what i do its from shaving but you should go to a free clinic just to make shere its not infeted ;-) i know how hard it is to talk to adults

dont worry i had the same problem. i went to planned parenthood, and the doctor said it was just a bump of hairs trying to grow. she said to put neonsporin, it should help the swelling, or heat patch. it has nothing to do with herpies or warts. i heard they grow outside of skin, not inside, and normally these bumps grow inside. also if you have no insurance try going to planned parenthood nearest to you. they are very confidential about anything, and it doesnt cost you a dime, because i myself dont have health insurance. good luck

Knowsitall:

Lol i know what it is..]
its like a cyst thing... it will go away..
but popping it will be no good,,,it would just bleed... i get them to...as i am a shaver too

oh my god!!
ive been shaving down there for about 3 years and now decided to wax for about 2 months... ok... i have NEVER in my life got an in grown hair... till now! its like so obvious!! it doesent look healthy... why it only came now that i wax... i do not know.. but i hope it goes away!! :-(:-( in all the places it had to be there!! grr bt im guna try the hot water thing ;-)... xxxxxx
ps: thanks for the tips!

I have something similar to this happening to me right now. It started as a smal lump. I thought that it was a pimple, and I also tried to pop it... That didn't work. Then I woke up the next morning and it is swollen to twice the size. I have a hard time just sitting down. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what to do. I think that maybe it's infected or something. I have been putting alchol on it. I do not have insurance, and I have never had anything like this happen before. Any help would really be great.

i have the same thing and i have read all of ur comments and i thankyou soooo much, i thought there was somthing wrong with me as iv never heard anything like it, i have been so worried its unreal! now i know the symtoms and how to deal with it it has really but my mind at rest, i want to thank all of you :-) xxx

i had the same thing happen to me I just found out about it right now .For Some odd reason it was kind of sore doen there so i felt the top of my underwear and there it is ! it was big and hard and swollen , so i decided to pop it and it did but that just made it worse . so im gooing to go and ake a bath then try to pop the rest of it.

Omg Thanks For Answering My Question People I Had A STD Scare I Thought It Was A Herpe But Come To Find Out Its A Ingrown Hair Thank God.

I have the same problem right now and I have been trying to pop it for days. It doesn't do anything but bleed and some watery stuff comes out idk what that is. Its so gross and I've had this thing for almost a month. I haven't had sexual intercouse since june and its october. But I do trim it. Could someone pleaser help. I want to try alcohol but doesn't that burn? Its just in one place and it hurt really bad when I try to pop it. It get bigger and it bothers me sometimes. What can I do to make it go away like fast. I'm getting really scared :-(

the same exact thing is happening with me. it hurts so bad to even lay on my stomach because if anything touches it, its just a piercing pain. mine is swollen. when i tried popping it, a decent amount of puss came out but no hair. i havent tried popping it since because thats what made it hurt. its so red just in that area. i have no other sores or anything, so i dont think its herpes? im starting to freak out a little bit but im not worried about having a std.

I have the same thing and it's severely painful. I tried to squeeze it before it was ready and made it much worse. It's deep under my skin with no head. Just a hard knot. I do shave and i'm thinking that could be it but i don't see any ingrown hair. Any idea's what it could be? It started out the size of a pea now it's about the size of a small cherry. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. It's hard to sit, stand pretty much do anything. I'm in misery!

okay so i have the same thing but i dont know what it is. can somone please help me, im really scared. okay soo im 13 and i have never had sex, but i have 'trimmed' down there. so i dont know if its a ingrown hair or sumthing else. im really scared cause right now my mom is not with me and im to scared to talk to my dad about that kind of stuff. so please someone help me and tell me what it is.

I had the same thing happen to me last night I noticed the bump and immediately thought ingrown hair and after I got out the shower and laid down I felt a warm liquid on my vagina I do shave down there as well but only like once a month but anyways I ran to the bathroom and the bump bust so I squeezed it a little more and out comes two long hairs along with blood and puss so I cleaned myself up and it became really sore so I warmed my rice sock in the microwave and the pain eased and the size of the bump decreased.

had the same thing happen to me last night I noticed the bump and immediately thought ingrown hair and after I got out the shower and laid down I felt a warm liquid on my vagina I do shave down there as well but only like once a month but anyways I ran to the bathroom and the bump bust so I squeezed it a little more and out comes two long hairs along with blood and puss so I cleaned myself up and it became really sore so I warmed my rice sock in the microwave and the pain eased and the size of the bump decreased.