I have blister-like bumps on my forhead & cheek. the one on my forhead started out as a small red mark. They do not pop, I have trid many times. When I try to break them nothing comes out, but they appear to have a root of some sort.

Does anyone know what this might be?

No, but if they were blister-like, I would see a dermatologist.

Did they appear all of a sudden, after eating certain foods or similar?

no but i have a similar thing, they start out like little pink dots and dot and three of them ar like blisters.
they dont pop

I have something similar (blister-like bumps on my cheeks, forhead, and chin and tingling on the forhead and cheeks) but my blisters pop pretty easily. The doctor thought it was an impetigo staph bacterial infection, but it didn't respond the the antibacterials and it didn't show up on the bacterial culture so he doesn't know. Yours could be cysts, which i think is caused by bacteria, but i'm not a doc so i don't know for sure. Let me know if u find anything out

it sounds to me like you have molescum. they are small pimple looking things, like you said. they are contagious and spread from contact. so after you touch them, and touch somewhere else on your body you could spread it. They take about 6 months to go away. or sometimes they freeze them off. they are like chickenpox in a couple ways.

My daughter has these all over her chin and neck. They are slowly spreading to her shoulders. She has had these blister things that itch really bad for over 2 years. Doctor said they may have to recommend her to a dermatologist to have them removed.

Mine started when I started using a new facial soap. To soften them, run hot water over the corner of your facial towel and place it over the bump. After a day or two, the bump should pop. After I stopped using the soap, my face cleared up.