This post is an extension of the
Tiny fingers blister-like thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Quote:

Symptoms - tiny pinhead sized bumps that itch like crazy, off and on. When poped or broken a clear fluid will leak out for several minutes, they remain an open sore for several hours and then scab over. They appear along the sides of my fingers, and on top of my fingers. As they heal my skin becomes scaly and there is a white patch of dead skin.

I have these exact same symptoms.

Quote:

I want you people to try and prove me wrong. My thesis is that because of a MAJOR yeast infection I once had, when I touch myself i spread this rash to my hands. I think now that I have had a yeast infection my immune system is weak to fungus and while my penis can kinda protect itself from a yeast infection but not completely remove it from the equation, when I touch myself it gets in my hands and starts this rash thing up. Greasy food, Humidity, Stress, and Heat seem to make it worse but I dont think they are the cause.

okay okay, i know what your all thinking.... just stop masturbating.... I CANT!!!! its so freaking hard an I have low self control, very impulsive person...

I thought maybe masturbation was the problem (perhaps because of a reaction to semen) and that might be the case for you, but I thin in my case it might just be contact with the area in general and the sweat. I'm going to be VERY careful about where I touch for the next month or two and see what happens.

As for the masturbation theory, can you limit contact in that area to just one hand for a period of time, then switch to the other to see if the condition follows with the hand you're using?

I'll post my results (or lack thereof) in the future.

I am also experiencing this problem. Tiny blister-like bumps occurring in clusters on my fingers. They are generally skin-color and not very noticeable. They seem to most concentrated on the sides of my fingers and the tops near my finger nails. They don't really itch at all.

My best guess at a diagnosis is contact dermatitis from something I may be mildly allergic to or something that is irritating my skin. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were just stress blisters, although that wouldn't explain why they only occur on my fingers.

On a similar note: I am extremely allergic to poison oak/ivy and often times when I get an ivy rash it is a very similar outbreak - except that it itches (and the bumps maybe larger and redder).

Here is a picture of a poison oak rash i found on the internet, hard to see the individual blisters, but they are there: poisonivy.aesir.com/uploads/289/848/poison_oak_blisters_on_my_hand_004.jpg

I just want to say that if you have a poison ivy rash - which many who find this forum might - DO NOT SCRATCH. Scratching ivy blisters not only irritates the skin, it re-releases the trapped ivy oil onto your skin causing additional outbreak. Because people have varying vulnerability to the allergy, such a rash should be treated medically or you risk permanent scarring to your skin.

I've been having these bumps for years, probably since I was about 13 years old. I've never found anyone else who had them until this year when I discovered my boss also gets them and then found this site.

Mine started on the sides of my hands along the line where the skin type changes from top to palm. They would show up mostly around midterms and finals periods and then go away. I never found a connection with weather at all honestly, but I have very bad temperature induced asthma and I tend to not venture out into temperature extremes.

They came and went for years. Red around a white center with tough, almost numb skin and a hole in the middle filled with clear fluid that will ooz for upwards to an hour if it pops (but they're difficult to pop). They itch like crazy until popped and then they scab over. The only big issue is that mine take months to heal and they scar. It's clearly visable even when I'm not having an outbreak. Also, sometimes I will have a secondary outbreak ontop of a healing one, which just makes it take even longer and the scar gets bigger.

Since then, it's spread to the bottoms of my feet, but nowhere else. Unfortunately, they hurt so much on my feet that I haven't been able to wear socks for more than 1-2 days a month for years now. I'm stuck in sandals even in the middle of the winter.

I've asked several medical professionals about it over the years. Most of them have said they were "stress hives", but upon talking to my Psychiatrist (who manages my medications) about it earlier in the day, he told me a few things that might be helpful to people here.

1. The tissue that makes up your skin was created from the same kind of stem cell as your brain in the womb. Many medications that effect the brain also effect the skin (such as some antidepressants causing acne for example). This also works in reverse. So stress as a hormone can impact the condition of your skin the same as it can have your brain make your hands twitch and cause panic attacks. With so many people in western countries on anti-depressants, or medication for ADD/ADHD, there could be a connection.

2. If you're noticing a stress related interaction, chances are the stress is actually making an underlying condition worse. Auto-Immune Diseases are usually the cause. Some of them lurk in the background and opportunistically attack when you get stressed out. Think like cold soars. Dyshidrosis could be just finding a moment to sneak through while you're distracted by the craziness of life.

3. If you form cysts (such as cystic Acne, or Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease), these little blister things can be sunk further into your skin than people who don't have these conditions. The body sucks what it thinks as an infection further in to try and envelope it instead of shoving it to the surface to air for some reason. It can't go very deep in fingers, but in hand plams and the soles of your feet they can get very very deep and sometimes it can be better to pop them in those cases if you're confident you can keep infection out.

4. Inhibited healing can be caused by blood sugar issues (someone mentioned this in in the old thread). So if these hurt more than usual, or they take forever to go away, it could be caused by high blood sugar.

5. Inhibited healing can also be caused by not getting enough zone 3 and 4 sleep (which as we get older we get less of). If you're not getting enough sleep, or good enough quality sleep, these bumps can take longer to go away and be more painful.

6. Some viruses can trick the immune system into attacking tissue that is healthy because the virus disguises itself. This can keep reoccurring even after the virus is expelled or gone dormant because your antibodies remain programmed to fight that particular pathogen. There is evidence that OCD and a form of heart damage are caused by Type A Strep, as well as the research now that some viruses can cause cancer to appear years after the illness first presents. Is is possible a seemingly mundane virus that was contracted even years and years ago left this remnant. (this is just a theory, but it's been proven with several diseases now so it's entirely possible that a virus could have programmed our antibodies to attack our hands and feet).

I haven't found anything in America that's helped much, but for a year I lived in Asia and I found that the bumps healed faster and didn't scar when I was using a Japanese Ofuro (traditional bath) that had the water infused with Barley Tea (I know that sounds odd). I haven't been able to find anywhere in America to buy Barley Tea from in big enough bags to use in a bath since I came back, but I wish I could because it helped a lot.

Other things I've noticed: I work nights, so I almost never get out in the sun, so I haven't seen any light interactions with outbreaks before. I eat pretty well despite my sleeping hours, avoiding sugary foods, foods high in bad fats, and I exercise (although foot outbreaks keep me from the gym sometimes). Also, shower salt scrubs that have shaye butter in them seem to pull moisture out of the blisters without having to pop them. It cuts the healing time down some since it never has to scab that way, but it can't prevent them for forming.

Has anyone else noticed that these form very quickly? I go from a red dot with no raised area to a full blister in under 3 hours usually. Sometimes up to 6. (sorry that was really long >.<;-)

Ive the same problem. After visiting the doctor, I was given Itraconazole which cleared the bumps for a week but immediately reappeared. I tend to support the writer who said this might be due to yeast or seamen allergy since mine appears after sex. I will try to avoid touching the area and see if there will be any change.

Definitely sounds like more than a couple of different issues going on here.
I can't believe nobody has suggested the below yet...
Hopefully I can shed light on one of them.
I have had the following symptoms (both on fingers and on toes).
Blisters (deep) that sometimes itch, however they can feel like they are burning (warm, hot) they swell up(inflammation) and are extremely painful - especially if there are many of them. Sometimes only a few pop up sometimes many. They last about a week to 10 days and then go away. The pain and symptoms intensified when moving to warm room or temperature (from cold). They can crack once they dry up.
I have a poor circulation in my hands and feet. I noticed I was getting them with weather changes (large changes), I got them in Florida and in Colorado.
I got them when I held on the a cold steering wheel without gloves (just as an example). I don't smoke, and I exercise a lot (I even got them when I was using dumbbells at the gym which were cold metal). I also got them after holding on the a golf club playing golf in Florida - pressure and temperature.

I went to a few dermatologist and they all said something or another that made no sense, until finally one great dermatologist immediately said I had chilblains (or pernio as it is called). It made perfect sense.

It is apparently abnormal reaction of the small blood vessels to cold.
The doc said I could take a vasodilator to increase blood flow to the extremities, but he said it may or may not work. So I said no thanks.
(Try not to scratch)

I haven't had them for several years now. What do I do? I keep my fingers and toes as "even temperature" as possible. I wear gloves and socks. I keep them warm (not hot, warm). It is more common in women than men.
Hopefully this was helpful.

I have had these off and on for about two years on my hands and as long as I can remember on my feet. I recently had a real bad outbreak of the tiny bumps. They itched real bad. So naturally I was asking everyone I knew about them. Finally a Chiropractor, of all people, told me that I had a yeast imbalance. It was suggested that I take garlic pills and oil of oregano. So I started taking two garlic pills and .5 milliliters of oil of oregeno. I have done this for two days. This witch doctor hippie c**p is working. The blisters I didn't pop are drying out and I have no new ones. She said I had too much of a bad yeast in my intestines. I am told that the oregeno oil and garlic should kill off most of the bad yeast and my gut will be back in balance. Once that is done the blisters should be gone for good, or until the yeast imbalance comes back. One cause of the yeast imbalance is antibiotics, which most all of us have taken. The antibiotics kills the good yeast that keeps the bad yeast in check.

This is what I was told, don't know how true it all is but it is working for me and quickly. Originally I was told it would take a couple weeks, so if it doesn't work right away don't lose hope. Also, after you have taken these your burps will remind you of spaghetti sauce.

It is dyshidrotic eczema. The reason everyone on here has varying symptoms is because there are so many variations of it.

Typically, minor cases involve the small bumps on fingers, toes, feet, or hands. They may itch, but sometimes never itch if left alone. The bumps are skin colored. Skin around the affected area is typically dry. Causes are unknown, though stress or allergens are suspected.

Usually these aren't a big deal and go away in a couple weeks at most. There are some ointments/lotions that some sites recommend, but who knows if they work. Severe cases are possible according to this site, read up on it. I don't think it is a big deal but if you develop larger blisters or it seems to spread rapidly to other parts of your body you need to get it checked out. Here is one site where I found a decent amount of info:

emedicine.medscape.com/article/1122527-overview

I could be wrong, but the talk about whether sex is a cause seems wrong.

Ive just had a full on blood test, they are looking for everything pretty much, ill find out on Wednesday if I've got an auto-immune disease or not.

I used to just get one or two bumps every great once and a while on random fingers. Then about two months ago I started getting clusters in the middle of my right palm. Now they are just aggravating me. No one else can see them unless I show them but the clusters keep getting bigger and eventually someone will be able to see them. And they itch like crazy when they are forming but that is the extent of what I feel from them. Once they are gone I am left with peeling skin. I finally got such a large cluster that I got a needle out and burst it because I was curious. The liquid that came out at first was clear then progressively became more milky as I cleaned them with peroxcide.

After reading almost all the post I went searching the many pictures to go with the different diagnosis options. This is the one that fits me. I hope the link helps anyone with the type I have. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all find relief!

visualdxhealth.com/adult/dyshidroticDermatitis.htm

Wow, I've been dealing with this problem for years myself. I've searched here and there, trying to find out what it was.I first started seeing these bumps when I was 19, I'm 35 now. My latest break-out on my fingers, I'd literaly say hundreds of them all over my fingers. Both hands. I have noticed that do start showing up when the weather changes to hotter seasons. I live in Florida, and during the Fall and Winter seasons their not there. When Spring arrives, boom, their all over my fingers. I get on the bottom of my feet, and the sides of my feet, but very little. Mainly my hands. Like most people, I'm self-concious and I don't even want to go outside. I'm afraid of someone else seeing them, and thinking I'm infected with some kind of weird disease. I've pretty much read every single post on here. The original posts from the previous area, and now these here. What is going on here? It kind of seems like some type of epedimic. Tomorrow is there going to be 100's of more posts of people with this same problem? I looked online for the best treatment, everything from ointments, UV treatment, even someone on some site said to "pee in a bucket and put your hands in it for 10 minutes". I've heard of peeing on your feet for something, but would that work for this? Not sure if I want to put my hands in my pee. I'm tired of dealing with the little bastard bumps. I'm seriously thinking of putting my hands in straight bleach! I find myself sometimes sitting and popping one after another for what seems an hour or something. Finger after finger, bump after bump. Then I catch myself, and I go and wash my hands. Maybe instead of using scolding hot water, I should use freezing cold water. Freeze the damn things away. Most of the posts I've read, deal with Hot temperatures. Frankly, I'm ready to chop my hands off, and never have to deal with the damn things again. Unfortunately, can't do that, then I wouldn't be able to type, or anything. Anyway, someone out there has to have the perfect cure, or analysis of this. I hope we all can take care of this soon, beacuse it's irritating me bad. I want to go out, and have a good time, and meet some really sweet woman, but I can't with these bumps all over my fingers. Really don't want some woman looking at my fingers, and going...EWWWWWWW!!!!!, in front of a bunch of people..Yeah, that wouldn't be cool!... :$

I've read every post on this topic. I've been dealing with this same issue of "Little bumps" on my fingers for years. They seem to come about when the weather changes. I'm 35 now, and have been having this problem since I was around 19. They don't itch, they don't burn, except when I put my hands under hot water. Their just annoying to look at. Like most people I'm self-concious, and really don't want to even go outside. I'm afraid that someone would see them, and think I've got some kind of weird disease. Maybe it is weird. I try not to pop them, but sometimes find myself popping for what seems an hour. A clear liquid comes out, then they fill back up, and get red and irritated arround them. They dry out after some time and my fingers peel.When they start appearing, I pretty much turn into a Hermit. I don't want to be around anyone, I want to hide away until their gone. I like to go out to a bar or club, and mingle with friends and women. Yet, what woman in their right mind would want to be with a guy that has weird bumps on his fingers? When they start their "Phase", I want to either hack my hands off completely, or plunge them into straight bleach. Would that work? Bleach? Sometimes I just want to take sandpaper, and sand em off, and grit my teeth. I'm going crazy here!!! I've tried Body Talc to try to dry them out, I've rubbed Ice on my hands and fingers until the ice melts, and grab another piece. I do have some sort of relief, seeing all these other posts from people with the same problem. I've read different articles on websites, "scabies", "dermititis", "malaria", yet not sure what it could be. I've ruled out "scabies", due to the fact from what I've read, that "scabies" itch really bad, and keep you up at night, and picures of "scabies", is different from what's on my fingers. I don't have anything weird on my penis, it's always on my fingers. Between them, on top, and very small amount on the sides of my hands. On my fingers though, hundreds. I'm not sure what to do. Some of the posts I've read, people have gone to Dermatologists, or whatever and been told allergic reaction, some form of Dermititis, or Eczema. I just want an answer to get rid of them. For good. I hate these things. They make me feel like I'm some sort of nasty person. I work, I come home, shower, try to keep myself clean. I don't have the greatest eating habits. I smoke cigarettes. I drink alcohol like a fish sometimes. I live in Florida, and the weather here changes alot. These "bumps" always come about when it starts to get hot. Is it some sort of reaction to heat? I'm usually under alot of stress. My job, my pay, me being poor and broke most of the time. I go to school at night. Yet, I'm usually a happy, energetic person. I get up ready to go at it every morning. yet, when I get this "breakout", I just want to hide. Someone out there has to have some sort of remedy that will take care of this. Hope someone comes up with something. Late. :'(

I am currently on medication for thrush.. Now what someone was saying it seems that an imbalance in yeast is a good indicator!

mine have appeared on my inside index finger!!

they are itchy and so annoying.. I am wondering if my yeast is totally out of whack after taking thrush medication?

Liesa
x

I definitely think there's two completely different problems going on here. It's a hard thing to explain and i think it's easy to confuse them.

I get tiny pin sized blisters on my finger tips. usually the same two fingers on each hand but rarely my index finger or thumb.

They're definitely blisters. They're not red or yellowish at all they are clear water blisters, when popped the clear watery liquid is the same that comes out of usual blisters you get on your feet from bad shoes. They do not itch once popped they either refill or sometimes dry up soon after by dry up eventually. I find they don't go away for a long long time unless popped, it's hard to pop them though cause they're quite deep set in the skin.

They don't spread, as far as i can tell, if I pop one i don't get more after it just goes away. They don't get bigger either unless i fail to pop one and just end up pushing the liquid into another near by blister.

There's never millions of them, I probably don't get more than maybe 5 on one finger, and although i don't think they spread more will appear at random.

Now, i don't personally think it's an allergic reaction, cause i've been getting these for a year or so now and i have yet to find any relation to them appearing. It seems to happen at complete random times. It's not just at my house either, i lived somewhere else for 6 months and still got them. I don't know if it's stress related or not. I don't think i've been more stressed since i started getting them and i don't think i get overly stressed anyway.

If anyone has the same symptoms as what i just described quote this so maybe we can seperate this from the eczema problem

i have what we have all been talking about here. it just started, oh, two weeks ago... mine are clear clustered blisters located between all my fingers... some clusters are only 2-3 others are 5 or more..... they dont itch, just a little abrasive when i move my fingers, more annoying than anything... i work in the medical field, and have been using hand sanitizer for years.... dunno if that has something to do with it... i havnt popped them because i didnt want them to spread but they seem to come and go hourly... i dont belive they are related to masturbation as, im in a very "active" relationship and hardly ever masturbate... i do wonder if it is due to the hand sanitizer...