Hi, I am a mother of a seven years old girl. Couple of weeks ago I took her for a walk. Everything was fine. On our way back, we stopped to buy some groceries. While we were getting out of the shop my daughter grabbed my hand. She was all pail and feeling dizzy. I asked for help and after a glass of water, my daughter was returning to normal. I took her to a doctor and he diagnosed my daughter with a blood disorder called anemia. What can you tell me about this kind of blood disorder in children?

Hi, blood is liquid that maintains our life. It circuits trough the body giving its organs all the necessary compounds for a normal life. Because of the complex functions of the blood, there can be a number of disorders that need medical care. One of them is anemia. This condition means that there aren't enough red blood cells, or a low concentration of hemoglobin is present in the blood. Anemia is a blood disorder that isn't a disease itself, but points to an illness such as blood loss, diminished production of red blood cells or their accelerated destruction. There are several types of anemia. I am sure that your doctor already did the necessary tests in order to determine the type of anemia your daughter has. Also he will decide which course of treatment to take so that your daughter feels better soon.