Hello, I am confused a little. I’ve been told that my red blood cells are small. So, does it necessarily means that their count is small to and that I am anemic? Please, I need some explanation.

Anemia is caused by many different disorders. Red blood cell indices help to classify the type of anemia. The RDW measures the variation in size of the red blood cells and certain disorders cause a significant variation in cell size. A healthy person has an adequate number of correctly sized red blood cells that contain enough hemoglobin to carry sufficient oxygen to all the body's tissues, but an anemic person has red blood cells that are either too small or too few in number. As a result of this disorder, the heart and lungs must work harder to make up for the lack of oxygen delivered to the tissues by the blood.