I masturbate regularly -- kind of part of my morning routine for at least a decade.

Six days ago, I noticed blood in my semen -- just a little pink. I held off masturbating for a two days. I noticed my scrotum was larger than usual -- kind of like it was more full. I felt no pain or tenderness.

When I masturbated, there was a lot of blood -- more red than pink. The next day, my scrotum was normal sized -- and has been since. But, since then, there has still be varying levels of blood in my semen (masturbated four times since)

I feel no pains in that area. I have no blood in my urine. It doesn't hurt when I pee. I have no fever to indicate an infection.

Is this a temporary thing or should I be worried? I'm uninsured right now, so I'm trying not to make a doctor's visit of something that would go away on its own.

I've researched and read about prostaitis, about bleeding due to abstinence from ejaculating, about STDs -- but I have no symptoms other than the blood in semen (from a layman's perspective, mind you)

What do you think? Any similar experiences.

i have had the exact same symptoms, but afrer/during sex and not whilst masturbating...It first happened 2yrs ago, had a cystoscapy (ouch!) but nothing unusual was found. After a course of antibiotics (Cyproflaxin) there was no longer any blood. I have had the same prob recently and am some what more worried that it has reoccurred... Dr gave me antibiotics, again...reason is still unknown. Any advice on this prob would be greatly appreciated!

yeah my boys are sporting pink too. i just finished with the ol' lady and the condom was fu8ll of pink sperm. no pain, no swelling, she's been holding out lately but other than that, just great!!

hey there.......i hav had da same symptoms yesterday............even i masturbate daily...................i dont kno how to get away wid it.............dont wana see a doctor........................can any body help?....................plz reply............help realy needed.................should i worry about it...................?????????????.....................can it get worse...................i feel no pain........my scrotum is swollen a bit..........no unusual urination...............plz reply soon anybody who cud help

If I may ask, do you guys have big D's or small or normal sizes. I'm looking for info about this because i know someone who always has pink S... and I've known him for over a decade and every time I have seen the colour, it's been pink. He never has had any pain or anything otherwise he would have seen a doctor I presume.

So I just thought that maybe this is normal for very large D's. I don't know. If you guys also all have big D's, then we can at least conclude that it is related to size somehow. And an other thing is that he always takes a long time to "get there". Any thing common about that with you guys?

This happened to a friend of mine also. As it turns out, the reason was because he injured his prostate. He is gay and had his prostate hit during anal sex that caused a small bit of trauma to his prostate and therefore had blood in his semen for a few days. If you don't go about a week or more without masturbating it won't get any better. He was told by the doctor to abstain from masturbating and sex for a week (or maybe it was two) to allow his prostate time to heal.

So if you have played with any toys or had anal sex this might be your problem. Or maybe it can happen just randomly (everyone's body is different and maybe you just have sensitive blood vessels in your prostate).

The larger than normal testicles concerns me though because that didn't happen to him...but again, everyone is different.

I was just watching a porn and a guy had pink semen so it prompted me to google it to see how common it was and that's how I found this post.

I would still see a doctor...just because there is no pain does not mean there isn't a problem. If you are uninsured you should try a med-check or county/state hospital. State hospitals HAVE to treat you regardless of your insurance situation.

Guest wrote:

Whats the anitbotics for, you don't have an infection?

Are any of you cyclists?  Any injury to the crotch area?  It happened to me the day after riding for over 35 miles and my crotch was sore... I thought perhaps I may have ruptured tiny vessels in the crotch...

I did an 12 mile bike race Monday (2 days ago) at 6:30pm (took me 41 min to complete). I masturbated that evening, Tuesday morning, Tuesday evening and no pink semen any of those times. When I masturbated this morning (Wednesday) I noticed that it's pink. I've been googling all day and overall, I've found that an irritated prostate could be the cause for the blood. All sources indicate that blood in semen is typically not something to worry about unless you're in your 40's (i'm 27). I will wait 2 days without masturbating, masturbate Friday & Saturday morning and evening...if I see more blood then I will contact my doctor. I'm not suggesting anyone to do anything...just letting you all know what I'm going to do.

Okay, I just got done masturbating with a larger anal toy than I normally use. When I finished, I noticed that my semen had blood in it. Do you think that I just maybe tore something? I have no pain anywhere at all. Should I be concerned?

I had similar symptoms, blood in semen, did tests, could not find cause. Started 2 years ago, and repeated another 4 times or so. Did a lot of reading on web. My latest assessment and sharing is that my case related to anal sex.

My girlfriend put a dildo in my behind and a day or so later my first blood in semen. Seems once its bruised it becomes tender and easier to bruise again. Noticed may be 2 times since then my blood in semen had some sort of anal play prior.

What I am unsure now is, whether its the prostate, or the seminal vesicle that is bruised, I believe they are accessible by anal play, and I personally suspect its the seminal vesicle. I am in a r-occurence now, will ask doctor how to check. Doctor's appointment in 2 weeks.

I had a tiny amount of blood in my semen years ago when I was 18 due to very excessive masturbation (at least as far as I could tell, and I also some advice from a trusted friend who should have really known about excessive masturbation habits).  I recently (three days ago)  had much more blood in my discharge, and have been vigorously researching what that could mean.  I moved away from my gf 6 months back so I know it can't be sex related (or likely std as I got tested no more than 2 months ago and she was a virgin previous to us being together (and yes, she was telling the truth, I proved it).  Here is what I think (please keep in mind that I am not in any way a medical professional); I have recently discovered how intense an orgasm aided by rectal/prostate stimulation can be. Seriously, I know it sounds basically horrific to most straight men but HOLY sh*t.  I'm literally worried that I won't be able to orgasm again with out it...  From the reading I've done the bleeding might be due to stimulating the prostate too aggressively. (I should define... I'm not doing that more than twice a week because of my research but I'm also not using a pliable toy due to me generally not wanting people to know this about me. I'm literally using batteries. They vary in size but maybe I've damaged something despite having NO rectal bleeding).  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Cheers

Yes, this is similar that I'm having. I', 22 years old, and  doctor(urology) said that if there is no pain, it's just cause of sexual encounter (even without prostate stimulation, just a normal sex or masturbation). Mine goes away when took few days off. Don't know what started it, since I haven't had A LOT of sex or masturbation lately.

I am the original poster of this thread, want to give an update.

I had urine test and PSA test, and they came back fine.

But my family doctor noticed my blood pressure went up (I was already on blood pressure pills but for some reasons unknown, in recent months my BP went up to 140+/110+).  He changed my medication and now my BP backs down to 120+/80+.  I noticed my bleeding is slowing down.

Additionally, I was abstaining from sex deliberately to help recovery, and because of my sex drive I felt at times the pressure all pend up inside. I also observed as a consequence my blood density in sperm was highest.

Seems my situation may be tied with "internal pressure".  Now that my BP is down, and that I masturbate to relieve (whenever I feel pressured), it actually seems to be healing.

I will update again in a week or so.

Sorry sorry, I am "not" the original poster of this thread... a typo, I meant to say I posted a reply earlier , now wanting to update.