I'm pretty sure that I do not have an STD, but when I poop, I can feel semen coming out of my penis. It looks just like semen and it feels like it is coming from the same area as it feels when i ejaculate. It happens pretty much every time I poop and has been happening for atleast 6-7 years. I'm 23 and in good health, I just want to know.. Is this normal? Do I produce too much semen? Is there semen in my bladder? Am I just pushing too hard when I poop?

I have to say that's a first. Given your age, if it really is semen, and isn't causing any difficulty it may indeed just be an unusual, but not clinical / problematic condition. However, I can only suggest it is unusual - not offer a diagnosis (I am not a medical professional).

Now that you have some assurance that it is indeed unusual, but not necessarily problematic, you may wish to create a new post, and see if it attracts formal diagnosis, or alternatively (and probably preferably) go along to a clinic or urologist.

If there has never been any other additional discomfort, or indication of a problem, that would seem to suggest it is just unusual, but if it's enough to prompt you to raise the question, it's probably not a bad thing to check it out in person, with a professional.

It could be because you're straining too hard while defacating. If the stool is large it can press up against the prostate and/or seminal vesicle, causing semen to get squeezed out of your penis. I've experienced this before while passing a very difficult stool.

Some men produce pre-cum, and some never do. There are guys who begin to flow when they even think about something that arouses them. Whenever you have a bowel movement there will be some pressure or light friction against the prostate. You may have a very sensitive prostate and it is causing pre-cum to flow even during a normal bowel movement. I knew a woman whose boyfriend liked to have sex on the toilet while he was having a bowel movement. I always thought it strange, but attributed it to the sensation of his prostate being stimulated. Your Dr. may be able to answer your question of a problem, or he may refer you to a urologist. If so, check any source for the Dr.'s patient feedback. I had a bad urologist, and am still regretting it. If it has been going on this long, it seems it would be a normal function of your body, or you would have had other symptoms by now. If it feels good, I wouldn't worry to much.

Cory, it's totally normal. This generally happens to me when my stool is very hard and I need to push a little extra. It is odd, yes, but you'll see little drips of semen in the toilet water. Consider yourself safe. It's all good. It's nothing to do with arousal or being turned on.. It's just a strange male phenomenon.

There is no such thing as too much semen. It is a way of insuring reproduction. It is not unusual for men who produce pre-cum, to have it happen when not convenient, causing spotting that can be embarrassing. I had prostate surgery 4 yrs ago and was left with retro-grade ejaculation. My semen goes into my bladder, and when I urinate afterwards, there will be a lot of foam and sometimes it looks like oil on water, not dark, just something light enough to float. I'll change problems with you anytime!! If it just happens when going to the toilet, it is convenient, and you can dry it when your done. If you find it happening other times, fold a tissue a couple times and put it in your underwear. If you wear boxers this won't work. Pre-cum is more clear, so if it looks like there is semen in it, it is probably the stimulation to your prostate. I don't think it is rare, just that it is something you deal with, some men never produce pre-cum. But producing pre-cum, or even Cumming when you use the toilet, would not be considered a problem, therefore not talked about. The prostate is the man's G spot. It gives more intense orgasm when massaged or stimulated. If you don't ever produce it, then you assume it is normal, if you do, you assume it is normal.

It also happens to me.. I have a hard time pooping and semen always comes out..

..same as the others, sometimes it happens when on toilet..

Omg thanx its not happening to me alone I thot my DR was lying to me #im nw relieved

I have the same problem, but it's not every time :/
Looking for help too.

I also release while pooping but i think mine is caused by excess masturbation.I would like to hear from you after visiting a urologist.my number is 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private info not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Corey this still happens to me and I am 43 years old. The other day I was getting undressed to take a shower and I was leaking semen for no reason at all. I have never asked anyone about this and I probably should I am a male nurse.

check your prostate they may be swollen, like mines

From reading around I've seen that this can be a result of over-masturbation. Masturbating too often can weaken the valve that is supposed to stay closed and block semen from coming out until ejaculation therefore it can open too easily and precum can be secreted at random times like pooping. This problem can also lead to erectile dysfunction because you precum too easily and it won't always allow you to get full erections. If you think it could be a result of frequent masturbation I would stop doing it and look up PIED (porn induced erectile dysfuntion) to learn more about it. I know that once I stopped masturbating for about a month or two the problem went away then when I started again it returned. 

this has been happening to me for over 30 years.