Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

I am anticipating ACDF Surgery in the following weeks. I am a little embarrassed to admit that once the Doctor said surgery I kinda blanked out and of course I now have a million and one questions. What I am hoping to find here are the answers to some of them! I have decided to get a 2nd opinion just for my peace of mind. 1st "?" Do any of you have the artificial disc? Was it your choice or that of the surgeon? 2nd "?" What about postponing of the surgery. I am newly diagnosed and tentatively scheduled it for 4/8/10 but the 2nd opinion is just one week before. I am considering holding of until the end of May for several reasons one of which is that I don't feel as though I am mentally ready for it. And feedback would help a lot! Thanks!

Loading...

shouldn't have surgery unless you are committed and positive. A good doc wouldn't operate if you have any hesitation that surgery is what you want.
Reply

Loading...

Hi

I too have been scheduled for a cervical spinal fusion C5, C6 C7. I felt rushed and cancelled the surgery two days before and got a second opinion. The second doctor was more thorough and answered all of my questions. Before I had 3 epidural injections (which really helpied for a while with the pain), I would have been the first person in the OR. I am now finishing up and another appointment and I will book the operation. My advice is if you are feeling doubts, look into yourself and see if you are just nervous or is there somrthing your intuition is trying to tell you.

Best wishes
Reply

Loading...