recentlly i have noticed that not olny my left lower ribs flare out but that my right lower ribs are doing the exact same thing...im not too sure what to thimk of this problem and im really seeking answers from a professional..im a 16 year old and i just wanted to know what is wrong with my ribs and watned to know if this could possibly grow into an even bigger problem...i mean it doesnt hurt all the time usually just when i get done straining my abs or when i tilt my body to the left...so i just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this any information is appreciated thank you.

I have the same thing except my pertruding ribs don't hurt, when I'm in bikinis and underwear I can see both of them pertruding out and looks like fat which is weird and I feel ugly. I would never have surgery, and I'm sure people have the same as us but it would be nice to know why it happens or if it is called anything.

i also have this same problem ...my lower ribs on both left and right side protude outward to the same extent and this problem doesn't hurt at all. When i lay on my back it becomes obvious as my ribs and the portion of abdomen just below it make an angle which is not normal. I think the small potbelly of mine is also due to this deformality... I would also like to know any name for this and any non-surgical treat if someone has the idea.