Hey, I've never posted on here before but I have a quick question. My lower ribs (bottom not including floating ribs) on each side flare outward and protrude from my chest. I'm a 17 year old male and I've had them like this for as long as I can remember, I was wondering if anyone can pin a name onto this or point me in a direction that could help reduce this. It does not hurt but (possibly unrelated) I find that I have trouble breathing during certain physical exercises. I do have slight posture problems that I've noticed but other people tell me that its not as bad as I think. Let me know what you think!

Oh here are a couple pictures if they help:

Well, it doesn't look bad at all to me. We all have some imperfections. It may be that you have spinal curvature. The spine should have a natural S curve and not be flat or straight (it goes in at your neck, out at your ribcage, in at your lower back, out at your sacrum). The curve is important because it acts as a spring or shock absorber as we move against gravity. We are all born with postural tendencies that can be adjusted, but not completely corrected since it is the structure that you were born with! You may also have a large ribcage, as some people do. If you have been trying to correct your posture by tightening your back and ribcage, squeezing your shoulders back and down, and tucking your pelvis under to flatten your lower back curve you are actually making things worse. By locking your back you are making it difficult for your ribcage to move (especially your lower ribs) as you breathe. Those ribs connect to your diaphragm muscle and to your abdominals. If this causes you trouble breathing during certain physical exercises you should talk to your doctor, you're young and maybe it can be still fixed. Good luck.