I Have an odd pain in my lower left abdomen. its just about 1 inch above the point where my left leg abdomen join and in/above the groin/pubic area.

I went for a urology scan 1 year ago, all was clear. Pain largely went away but occassional tingling / pins & needles there that never bothered me.

About 5-6 weeks ago, pain returned and i went to doc who was a bit bemused. Pain is associated with movement - particularly walking or going down stairs. Absent mostly when i lie or sit down. Better in morning than in evening.

No lumps in area or testicle.

Sometimes pain seems to move in to testicle (left) but only when i walk and not always. Its not sore to touch (only if i walk/move).

Stools got a little solid recently but are now normal. Have had touch of piles before and recently but i eat a lot of bran to keep stools loose + hae a good diet of fruit,veg + some meat.

Doctor sending me for colonoscopy but I am bemused.

I thought it was a hernia but there are no lumps or bumps.

Can anyone help - PS - 36Y.Old, healthy not overweight.

I'm having a similar problem. I think it may be diverticulosis in my case but I am not sure. I hope it works out for you.

I have very similar symptoms - can you share the results?

I switched from boxers to briefs and it went away.

I am having very similar symptoms. Been about two months and no urologists have confirmed a real cause despite urine samples and a CT scan. I started with testicular pain and a very acute abdominal pain above my left pubic region. It hurt most during situps. When I caught a cold, the pain got worse and has never really gone away. Now the pain in mylower abdomen has spread throughout both sides and to my groin. My initial thought is that I have sports hernia but I have not done enough strenuous physical activity to believe that. I am not sure what to do at his point.

I have the same symptoms as above, lower left abdominal pain, sometimes radiating to lower back. I have had multiple CTs and GIs yielding nothing unusual. Diagnosed with Functional Bowel Disease, treated with high fiber diet. Still, after 6 months the pain persists. Has anyone been properly diagnosed???
By the way, if you're having, with these symptoms pain in testicle(s), get checked for a seminal vesicle infection (urine test should show this).

I have the same pains in exactly the same places you describe. In the lower left abdomen area and, at times, feels like my left testicle. Feels like what I image a hernia would feel like. But no lumps or bumps either.
I'm 34 years old, healthy not overweight, no alcohol/ tobacco/drug uses.

I have been having the same sharp pain in my stomache near my left leg and sometimes shooting down my left leg. I am a vegitarian 26 year old woman. It was off and on for a few minutes for several months, but I am going on 6 hours now. When I did some research, it says something about intestines. I was constipated several days ago, so that could have been what started me getting backed up. So maybe we need more fiber.

Let me know what you guys find out. Looking for an answer for this nagging pain.

If you are a male having this problem, have your doctor check for epididymitis.

HI, has the original poster ever found results for this? I am a 21 year old female with the same symptoms in the same area as the original, it hurts mainly with moving but sometimes stabbing pain happens without movement as well. I think that taking birth control may make it worse, but I've been to OBGYN's as well and they have done multiple exams and their solution is to prescribe birth control. I have not been taking it for a week since I thought it was related to the localizing of the pain and can't even go from sitting to turning or standing up without severe pain in that region when I'm on it,I stopped taking the BC pills and the pain has slowly reduced, but today I had the same pain randomly for a few minutes without taking Birth Control for over a week. I was on birth control prior to all my stomach problems onsetting for a year and a half to help regulate my periods and it was great, but I got off all medications for a while because of other problems I was having, and when I tried to start up taking the same birth control again, Sprintec, [after about a six month lapse] and I had tremendous pain everytime I would take a pill to the point that I would be curled over and unable to function. The OBGYN's reaction to this was that it was a 'very odd' reaction, and she wanted to try YAZ because it has a different hormone in it. I was very concerned with having the same reaction as previously but she seemed undeterred. So I gave it a shot, but now have the severe pain in my lower left side that is associated with taking it. I have been having stomach pain for over a year now and its severity seems to come and go during certain periods of the month. As my periods are irregular I'm not really sure if it is connected but usually for about a week or more every now and it gets very sensitive to everytime I move there is severe pain. I have had an EGD, abdominal ultrasound [which was extremely painful], have had x-rays and blood tests and all comes back normal. Had a colonoscopy today, during which I was awake and saw the whole thing despite the meds they gave me[which is odd because on all previous ones i have been asleep and not remembered or felt anything?], and it also hurt a lot for the first ten minutes. All came back normal except he said that I have a tortuous sigmoid colon, but it doesn't seem to be a concern to the doctor at all. He left quickly before I could talk with him about it, and it seems to me the sigmoid colon is in the exact spot I'm having the pain, so I was wondering if it being torturous could be the cause. He has given me fiber supplements to try, which I will begin tomorrow, but needless to say I am not very optimistic. My stomach pain is mainly all over the place and is usually short and stabbing and almost every morning when I get up it feels like my insides are folding over and sinking down inside of me upon standing up. Except when I take the birth control instead of being all over it is mainly in the bottom left corner near the pubic region. It seems to hurt more when I have a full bladder, which is perhaps why it hurts most in the mornings? I cannot connect the pain with having eaten any particular foods, it seems quite random. I am so frustrated with doctors none of them seem to listen or to care that I am in so much pain, and they get frustrated with me quickly when I go to them. The lower left region where the pain is at is sensitive to being pushed even gently, it hurts a lot. I am not sexually active so there is no risk of anything associated with that. I have tried antacids with no relief. I get extremely bloated ALL the time. Have asked the OBGYN about possible endometreosis as my periods are extremely heavy and emotionally and physically draining, but she says they have to do surgery to find out if that's what it is and wants me to try the YAZ for three months first and then endometreosis she says is next on the list. But I cannot take the YAZ for three months with such intense pain in the lower left region associated mainly with movement when I take it. My solution is to stop because it takes the localized pain away, which is easier to deal with since I have been for over a year and I can still move around with ease. Can anyone help me, please? I'm so burnt out and distressed I don't know what to do.

Yeah i am a 17 year old girl and i stopped taking my birth control (Kariva) abuot 2 months ago, and for the past few days i have been having pain in my lower left abdominal area, ranging from slight discomfort when pushed on to very painful. i have an appointment with my OB GYN in a month, but i am worried i need to go to a doctor sooner. has anyone with these similar symptoms had any luck getting rid of the pain?

I dont have an answer but heres my story.

cause- lifted 150# from squat

effect- Wow! Do I regret doing that.

The pain started in left testicle I wanted to cry for several weeks.
I went to the doctor..."calcium build up, wear underwear not boxers"

Now after two years left testicle still hurts left abdomen hurts plus my left leg is sore all the time. Plus I have severe adominal cramps with an unfinished feeling after crapping. My diet- water,tea chicken beef bread rice vegetables. Pain associated with moving,running you name it my leg always hurts but the cramps come and go plus i have a stool staste in mouth

so I got a ct-scan, colonoscipy all clear its so fustrating when you get tests done and the finish saying "nothings there stay on that laxative"

so hernia is cleared,bowel obstruction is cleared supposedly its just a pulled muscle plus irs...damnit. where do i go from here :[

I have had pain in my left side between the where my last 2 ribs are and it goes into my lower left back and pelvic area. Causes nausea, hard to breathe at times. Frequent urinating, and hard to empty bladder, and frequent bowl movement, when I have this pain, (not diareah though). At first the pain would only happen 2 or 3 times a month. It would last for hours, but be excrutiating. Now it happens almost everyday. There is almost always a dull pain there, and at times it gets excrutiating. This has been going on since July of 07. Doesn't matter if I am sitting, walking, standing, etc. I don't seem to have any pain when I have my period, but my period is always abnormal. Intercourse is sometimes painful, my husband complains I am dry down there, but at times I have alot of discharge. I have been to the doctor. I've been tested for a UTI, came back negative. I've had an abdominal ultra sound, in which the doctor said I have medullary kidney sponges, but said this shouldn't be causing any problems, had a special x-ray done to check for kidney stones, came back negative. The doctor did a pelvic exam, (not a full pap though). Was painful, and more uncomfortable than usual when she was feeling around. She took a swab to test and that came back negative, not sure what she was testing for. Now I have to go in for a transvaginal ultrasound, and another abdominal ultrasound. I've had 3 c-sections and my tubes tied, not sure if that could have done something. I'm losing my mind with this pain. I don't know what else to do. Dr. tells me, ust keep taking tylenol (whcih I've told her makes absolutely no difference in my pain level) someone please help. I'm starting to think I'm crazy!

I've almost the same sort of pain. It started with pain in the testicles. The doctor said i had varicoceles and that i'd have to have surgery. It appears this is not harmless unless left for too long (in terms of years). And now i have this new pain in the abdomen and the 'pins and needles' sensation. Any idea how they may be connected. Thank you.

I've had a dull pain lower left abdomen - 1-2 inches above the pelvic bone. It does not increase/decrease with exercise. My doctors think it is muscular however it still persists after 12 months. CT Scan and Colonoscopy showed nothing. I'm a 41 year old male in otherwise good health