Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for the following:

Four months ago I experienced a travelling minor pain between my left and right sides near the bottom of the rib cage. I went to see a doctor who did a check of my kidneys and liver. Both the blook and urine tests came back normal.

The sensation settled in my left side near the rib cage. There is no immediate pain to the touch, but somethings feels swollen inside. I especially notice the sensation while sitting in a chair. It feels like my side/back is leaning against something. However, there is not bulge or bump felt by touch. There has been no change in bowel movements nor have I experienced any nausea or vomiting.

Recently, my stomach has also become quite hard. I have a doctors appointment scheduled soon, but was wondering if anyone else had experience similar symtoms.

I have the same pains in my side. i have no idea what it is.. It is like a

HAve you been having regular bowel movements? If not you could be constipated. Feeling nauses is another sign of constipation.

I have had exactly the same symptons on the same side and location for apprx 6 months now, my tests and CT Scan have come back completely clear. My doctor thought it may have been kidney stones but those results came back clear as well. I am at a bit of a loss as well.

I have had the same symptons on the left side of my back just under my ribcage for apprx 6 months now, I have not had the hard stomach though but my tests and CT Scan have come back completely clear. My doctor thought it may have been kidney stones but those results came back clear as well. I am at a bit of a loss as well.

If everyone has felt the sharp pain in their side for a while, only at seemingly random moments? It doesn't happen constantly, but usually occurs when I am sitting or in bed. I have no clue what it is or if I should get it checked out. What should I do?

I have the same thing. The doctor couldn't find anything with an ultrasound. What did your doctor say?

I have a similar pain, a sharp pain which can shift from lower left rib at back to centre spine region and to the right side doctor says kidney stones, had a scan and 2 stones evident, althugh small, sent for xray awaiting results will keep you informed

ive been having pains in my sides for over a year. mostly left, sometime right. and sometimes i have pain in my sturnum. it feels like im constipaded but im not. i cleaned myself out multiple times. it hurts mostly when im sitting or when i eat something. i went to the doc and they couldnt find anything. weird and very annoying. hopefully i can find something out. i have an appointment with a medical massage theropist. supposively she says it sounds like something with the prostate...but i dont know about that. any helpful news, let me know. *******

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I have went to the doctor and they had said that i have had something wrong with my stomach but yet they couldnt find anything?

I've had the same pain for 2 yrs. now it also at the left side of my naval.
It hurts after I eat. I've talked to 6 Doctors I'm finally getting a colonoscopy, endoscopy and cat scan on the 5th of March. To tell you the truth the pressure started just below my ribs. It felt like when I was pregnant with my son and he pushed in that area. Later it felt like my ribs where pressing on a organ . Then I started getting sore in that area. A yr. later started having pain near the upper left side of my naval. Months after that The pain has now dropped me to my knees a few time. All the while I was having good B.M.s until a few months ago I started having alternating constipation , diareah. and narrowing stools. All I can say at this point press for answers and dont give up

For about two weeks now I have been having stomach pain. It hurts most when I lay down at night and seems to travel from the left to right rib cage and sometimes lower abdomen. I too feel like there is something in there, but can not physically feel it. Wondering if anyone has any further information!!

I got pain lower left side also have a pimple or something don't know if thats causing it feel constipated. First thought it was my lower back cuz i was sitting at an angle on recliner but i think thats weird cuz i've never felt it before. Kidney stones i figure women can get those as well right? just worse for men. I don't got medical have to go to school nurse but work and can't make it during their hours. Will just sit at home for now and tough it out. Tomorrow go to work hope it'lll get better. I've really been getting my ass kicked this month. First i had some sort of diarhea and then vomitted got a soar throat, a cough, running to bathroom, thought i might have a urinary tract infection beats me. feel shitty. I think a good poop would do the job. I just got to wait it out i guess. :-(

This is to all who have shared their similar pains to the left side right beneath the rib cage area......my question to you all has anyone got an answer from a physician as to why this is happening? Anything in concrete?? Thanks a bunch... I have had this for just a few days w/lots of gas/burping and he stated it's due to the pressure and it's irritating the lining of my stomach......????