The pain is relieved at bed time or when not at work at a relaxed time. The pain does go away completely. Had test done to find the cause or source of the pain. Had two CAT scans done and bone scan done. Waiting for the results of the bone scan. This is pain that I can't perform my work without the pain bothering me at all times. This pain gets worse as the day progresses, as I move my right arm, walking and breathing as I walk.

IT COULD BE A VERY SEVER KIDNEY INFECTION THAT HAD SPREAD TO YOUR GALLBADDER...LOOK UP KIDNEY INFECTIONS

I know this is an old post but I am replying to anyone else who might be dealing with this because I am going through this now. I fell while putting some items on the top of my daughters closet. Needless to say I fell off the stool onto her big rocking horse then landed on top of the peak of her 4 ft doll house. That was a Friday night, Saturday wasn't so bad just a little tender. Sunday it was major sharp pains to where I had landed ( lower left rib area under my arm). By Monday I couldn't walk because every time I got up it was 3 second pains that had me breathing and crying like I was giving birth and it would only give me about 5-8 seconds between these pains. I was crying like a baby walking from my car to the Dr's office. I thought the worse like I had punctured something. So after many x-rays and a urine test and have to lay on a hard surface and the dr. pushing everywhere that could hurt ( as I'm still having these "contraction" like feelings in my side) this is what he told me:
The area between and behind the ribs were severally bruised. That this condition would climb and peak in a matter of 3-5 days (I was at day 3 so this was my peak) and it would be uncomfortable for a few weeks and maybe even 3 wks later I would feel a twinge and remember ohhhh yea I'm still not healed. I had no fractures but I was in way more pain than my mom who had a fracture 3 wks earlier. But I reply to this post because I felt a little sore but the pain didn't come until I stood which the dr said would bring this type of constricting pain on.. I explained to my kids the pain felt like one of those squishy balls that you squeeze and then something like eyeballs or worms squirt out. I said imagine that with extreme pain. They found no blood in my urine which was good. They gave me a shot and prescribed 2 pain meds to get me through until the pain wasn't that bad. I have looked this up all over the net trying to help someone with the same symtoms and this was the closest so I hope I helped someone. The dr said I would have gotten through it without the meds, he was surprised I had lasted 3 days but meds don't hurt to have on hand. It's painful, I could control my outburst of pain during 3 births but people in the dr.'s office were looking at me like I was fixin to die lol. I hope this helps someone. I would totally recomend going to the er or a dr. just to make sure but this is my story.