Please help! I am 21 yrs old and have had recurrent pain in my ribs and left sided abdominal pain and tenderness for 6 months now. I am also very lightheaded and dizzy all the time. I have been to the dr and have had ct scans and bloodwork but they can't seem to figure out what is going on. Also, sometimes my stool is loose and yellow. Has anyone else had this sort of problem??

Hello, Just found your posting trying to do research on a condition that I too could not get any answer towards last march of 2006. I was in the hospital for about a week. I went in from a reoccuring pain around my very lower left rib and side of stomach that gradually got worse over a period of about a month or so until i went in to seek attention from a doctor. I had a x-ray, CT scan , blood work along with several other tests and the only thing that came back was that my pancreatic emzyme level was a little higher than normal. However after the time i was there the level went back to normal and sent me home with no "real" conclusions. the pain would sting, get warm in that area localized, and would get dizzy as well. i really thought for sure that they would locate something but no luck. I still ocasionally have this pain but not as severe as the time i went in.

Are you by any chance taking any steroids for a medical condition?

No, Never have been prescribed steroids of any sort. Is your pain still ocurring with the same duration and same level? Reason for asking is i am trying to see if you have very similar symptoms which i had during that time.

Yeah, despite pain medication the pain is still the same with no relief.

hello, been searching this thing i thought i could also share it with you, i havent been to the doctor but i have my schedule now. the left side of my stomack is a little bit swollen and my ribs is a little bit pain and not always. im worried about this. is there any operation need for this?

I HAVE HAD THIS REOCCURRING PAIN FOR OVER A YEAR THAT CREATES A BULGE ON TOP OF MY RIST I HAVE GONE IN AND OUT OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM DUE TO THIS. THE LAST TIME I WAS TOLD IT WAS IRRITABLE BOWL. THE PAIN WAS SO SEVER IT KNOCKED ME TO THE GROUND. I DONT BELEIVE IT TO BE IRRITABLE BOWL BECAUSE THE MEDICINE I WAS PRESCRIBED IS SUPPOSED TO RELAX YOU BUT REALLY DOESNT WORK WELL AT ALL. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYTHING THAT DOES LET ME KNOW. I AM GOING FOR GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO. I HOPE THIS STUFF STOPS AFTER THAT. THE ONE DR IN THE ER SAID IT WONT AND IT IS SOMETHING I WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH.

I have had the same symptoms for about a month now: sharp to stinging pain directly beneath/behind the lowest left rib, combined with dizzyness and headache, with the only symptoms the doctors could find being slightly elevated pancreatic enzymes and non iron deficiency anemia. CT scans, MRI, Xray, Bone marrow biopsy, unlimited blook tests, allergy tests, heart tests, still no results. Tylenol 3 for pain which doesnt touch it most days, and the pain and dizzyness go on...I was told to go to an autoimmune doc next.

i feel you, i have a very sharp pain in my left rib cage, on in front and one in back, it gets worse when i twist. i have been lightheaded and have had an off-balance feeling for 3 years now. i have had many tests, nothing ever found. i am tired of suffering, can somebody figure this out?

I'm a 20-year old male and have been experiencing the same symptoms the past 2-3 months (stinging pain in/under/beside/whatever lower left rib, tender to the touch, persistent dizzy/lightheaded feeling, etc.). Went to the ER a couple times when it got more painful than usual, and all they did was shove a hydrocodone script in my face and shuffle me out the door.

Feel better in knowing that you're not alone at least.

I have pain in my left rib tool. A vertebrae was out in my back, the ribs are connected. I've also been under alot of stress lately and gas builds up in the colon right under the left rib. When the pressure "passed" it releaves it until next build up. The spleen in under the left rib also. Check if you have any enlarged lymph glands. They are along the insides of upper arms, arm pits, chest and groin. This could be a sign of lymph system problems as the spleen is part of this system.

hiya, i have a similar pain, below left rib, front, taking some laxatives now to make sure it's not just constipation or something, before i spend the money on a doctor's visit.
it's worse when i lie down, and my ribs are sore too, but this could be a separate issue as i fell last week and i could have done something to my rib then, but the pain below the rib was there before that... it's probably about a week now.

My wife is starting to develop some of these similar sysmptoms. Hers are warm stabbing pains in the lower left and right abdomen just beneath/behind her rib cage. She does complain of some pretty nasty headaches and can't tell if she's dizzy or just part of her normal clumsiness. She has been on pain meds for her back problems. Do any of you have any back problems or have had any surgeries (back surguries)?

Get tested for ulcerative colitis very similar to what i had :D

I'm 18 years old and for the past three days I've had never ending pain in my left rib, under, beneath, and behind. As well as very tender painful sensations to the touch. Sometimes it feels as if the skin were burnt in some way. I also have a lesser pain that matches the left rib almost exactly on my right side in my right rib. I'm scared and all my mother seems to think it is, is a pulled muscle. But I've taken countless pain killers and it still hasn't done anything for it. I've been reading up on the symptoms and I'm getting really scared, some say it could be an acute pancreas, a liver, or kidney problem. please help me