For the past 8 months or so, following a mild attack of Shingles i have been experiencing painful ribs (both sides) at the level of bra strap and particularly on the left side with some points especially tender. I have also noticed increased tingling strange sensations on my right side (rib cage area). I do suffer with costochondritis and initially thought this might just be aggravated by the shingles attack which was on the left side of my torso. However, things have not improved and i am now finding that i get a stinging/burning pain in my mid-abdomen which has started to radiate to my mid-back. This is not constant and only lasts for a matter of seconds. Annoyingly, i find that i cannot lie at night on either side as the discomfort on both sides of my ribs is uncomfortable and if i lie on my back i have a pressure-like feeling mid-abdomen (just above the belly button) and there seems to be a lot of gas moving around - or at least that's how it feels in my lower abdomen! When i am sitting it is also uncomfortable and feels as if i have a tight belt around my middle. Eating or not eating does not seem to affect how i feel. BMs are normal if a little softer than usual but nothing very different from usual. Occasional nausea but think that's more from worry! Mum had gallstones could this be gallbladder problem??

Did anyone tell you any solutions? I have the same exact problem. I was diagnosed with Costochondritis as well. My surgeon said another reason why my ribs and stomach feel and feel like they are burning is because i have a problem where my small intestine is pressed against my large intestine and this causes stress in my body and it swells. Sometimes I feel bad burning because their is loose liquid in my stomach. Did you find out your problem from the doctors? A lot of doctors don't understand my constant pain, they say it's worse with stress.

I realize that the post I am replying to is old, but I have almost the identical scenario. I am driving myself crazy and am miserable. I also had shingles over a year ago and now I have the pain symptoms in the ribs and in my back. The feeling of something tight or binding around me like at the bra area. Have you found out anything or gotten better? Thank you!!!

I too have a similar problem. My ribs started to become painful after a bout of shingles 2 years ago
and has now spread to the stomach area with a burning sensation particularly on the left side
round to the middle and lower back. Only other symptoms are occasional wind and yawning plus a
sort of 'folding over of the ribs' feeling when bending down but no vomiting or nausea etc.
Does anyone have an idea what could cause this as the discomfort is getting worse?

I too have a similar problem. My ribs started to become painful after a bout of shingles 2 years ago and has now spread to the stomach area with a burning sensation particularly on the left side round to the middle and lower back. Only other symptoms are occasional wind and yawning plus a sort of 'folding over of the ribs' feeling when bending down and sweats but no vomiting or nausea etc. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this as the discomfort is getting worse?

I have had the same problem since shingles several years ago, the Doctor prescribed Amitriptline 10 mg. This helps a lot with the pain especially in my back and stomach area. Although I still have problems with tightness around my bra area. If it was anything more serious I would be dead by now. Worrying makes it worse. If you have had test and it shows nothing you have to learn to live with it. However, I know what you are going through it's the not knowing, this makes you live each pain with tension anguish. 

My right have been blocked for a week and the the pain has spreaded down my jaw. Do you what it could be?

I am going through the same thing all theze people are saying!! But no body has help!