Hello Everyone...

I have been sick all my life and diagnosed with so many illnesses I can
not keep count..bout 10 years ago they said it was lupus. i have all the
problems on the list and have been hospitalized many many times. I
have one very scary sympton that is getting worse. I will be having a
regular day in the life of lupus and then within minutes I go into some
kind of zone, I do not remember anything during this period. It use to
last minutes then hours and the last several attacks have lasted all day.
I function during this time talking eating normal activities. My husband
notices these attacks immediately and just babysits me through them.
I could go on and on with the things that happen and how i feel during
these periods. it leaves me completely drained and scared. Please
has anyone heard of this..

Hello:
Unfortunately, lupus is like a syndrome in that the symptoms are all over the charts. You have my deepest sympathy. Is there some medication that might effect some aspect of this particular symptom? I know that this is probably a hard question, considering it has to do with memory. Your best medicine seems to be your sensitive husband. He sounds like your rock. How fortunate you are to have him. Try to concentrate on that gift that you have. Take one day at a time and try to enjoy each on to the fullest. You know at those episodes can happen. When you emerge from them, try to think of the opportunities that have returned. I hope this helps. Please stay in touch so that we can support you here. Let us know how you are doing.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having some problems like that. I'm glad to hear that you have a good support network who keeps track of you and cares for you, but it's still very scary. I have heard a bit about it and I don't know if there's any sort of cure for it but it's possible that there is treatment. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? It would be a good idea. Please keep us posted as to what you choose to do. Thank you!