I would like some urgent advice. I had some problems with lymph nodes in my left breast. They were swollen and doctor has decided to remove it. He has removed it by open excisional biopsy. The procedure went well and the test shows that it was not cancerous. The procedure was two weeks ago. Now I see that my incision is little red and my breast hurts. I have been on the trip so I could not go to the doctor, I will go on Monday. Until then, please, tell me what is happening?

I had the similar situation after a biopsy. I had not just redness but swelling and fluid leakage also. When I had finally showed up to the doctor he has nagged me about not coming earlier. He said that incision was infected. Your redness could mean that you incision also has been infected. Don't wait like I had. I am ok now, fortunately. I would also add that the scar tissue could interfere with future mammogram readings.