I had a mammogram done a few days ago. It was very painful. I told the tech to stop and she ignored me. After the first one I explained how painful it was, that it made me scream, I though she would be more considerate but she tortured me. I though I was doing the right thing but now I regreat having it done. I did not have any problems before. My doctor order it just because I am 45.

I still have pain. My breast size went down! Even my husband noticed, he says I look kind of flat now. I used before the mammogram size 36D, now this bras are too big! I have stretch marks everywhere and now they look wrickled. She pressed too much. I am worried that she damaged something inside my breasts.

The first 2 nights I could not sleep from the pain, eventhough I was taking 2 advils. I am still taking advils for the pain, I sleep 4 hours last night but woke up with pain.

Please le me know what could have been damaged.

Mammograms squeeze breast tissue, so milk ducts and other breast tissue could have been damaged.

I suggest you see an OB/GYN. They specialize in breast health, so they'll be able to tell you if your breasts have been damaged. Don't let them dismiss you; get yourself checked out. Demand an x-ray of your breasts.

I have the same exact problem, my breasts are totally limp since my last mammogram. I tried prednisone, it only made my blood pressure go up. I will have to have plastic surgery. I am still in so much pain, my boobs are damaged. Please let me know what you have done to deal with this situation. My doctor gave up, says there is nothing else to help me. My bras do not fit anymore..All of the firmness in my breasts is gone...they are totatlly limp now. Would surgery help?

This heartbreaking. I went to Dr. Blumenthal´s office. He said it was urgent to have the mammogram, I asked if he found a lump. He said no. But he said it was urgent. I was with my period and he did not care. My breast entered the mammogram machine round and after 10 minutes I am flat forever. One month later my breasts did not come back to their shape. I am very young but my breast which were healthy became painful after the mammogram. My tissue was so badly damaged that now my boobs look 80 years old. The doctor was laughing. I am sure he got lots of money with those mammograms.

This is a shame. I am so sorry you experienced this bad experience with mammogram. Having gone through this same experience, I can relate. I just wish I could help to prevent more women from having this problem. The mammograms need to be stopped. It may be true that only a small percentage of us have problems after a mammogram, but that doesn't mean more of us should suffer as we have. How can we get somebody to listen to us and have mammograms removed from Heatlhcare?

I just had my first mammogram at 53. I screamed when the tech lowered the plate. It was very painful. Its about a month later now. I was just giving myself a self exam and I noticed the breasts had gone limp. So I came here to look it up. Only to find that others are having the same problem. My breasts were damaged.

Hi Koko, I hope that all of you have recovered since your Mammo ordeals! I had my first mammogram (even typing the word makes me rile) @ 39yrs - shocking procedure, and I have been for many medical procedures... Sadly the breast tissue was so dense that they couldn't see a thing anyway and boy did they try, so I had to have a sonograph - much more humane. All of that just to leave the x-ray rooms with 'torn' bruised breast tissue. I am so relieved that I have found a gynae that is not in favour of mammograms at all! and believes that a sonograph can give the same, if not, better results. (ever wondered why they always reconfirm a breast cancer lump with a sonograph, AFTER A MAMMOGRAM!) Anyway, that is the first and last time I will ever endure a mammogram. Just some inspiration : my Granny, who has just turned 100yrs old, 29 Mar 2014 was diagnosed with a lump in her breast @ 98yrs old. She underwent a sonograph to detect the lump - they biopsied her breast and the results came back cancerous, because of her age they started her on a low dose chemo drug. When speaking to her - she said that she had had that lump in her breast for 30yrs! and it had never bothered her - has never been for a mammogram in all her years (that's now 100yrs)... amazing. This further inspires me to avoid this procedure as long as I am able and conscience (in other words they will have to knock me out first). All I can say is whoever invented this procedure was truly a sadistic human being - or maybe it wasn't, human, that is. Take care