I am 16 years old and about 3 or so years ago i noticed what seemed to be a lump on my left breast that is a slightly different color than my skin. I told my mom and we went to the doctor to get it checked out...they did an ultrasound on it and found nothing and said it was most likely a cyst and that a lot of women get these. For the next few years i just let it go...but about a year ago i noticed that my left breast was noticeably smaller than my right breast......I started feeling self-conscious about it and I felt like it kept getting worse over the months....people started noticing and saying stuff about it or making fun of me and its been really hard to deal with....about 3 or 4 months ago the nipple also on my LEFT breast became inverted...this freaked me out so i told my mom and we made another doctor app......when we went this time they did another ultra sound (since Im still too young for a mammogram) and they found nothing that time either....that calmed me down a bit cause i thought for sure I had breast cancer....they said to keep an eye on the lump, invertedness, the size of the breast etc.....
and now RECENTLY like in the past 2 months maybe....Ive been having discharge out of...again..the LEFT breast.......its only a little bit and its like white or cream colored. I have absolutely NO idea whats going on with my left breast but its extremely embarrassing, scary and just inconvenient..........if anyone knows any natural or cheap cures to any of my symptoms or knows what is going on or what it is...please HELP:(

Hello Jane,

Your breasts will finish completely developing by age 18. If one breast is still considerable smaller than the other, I would suggest breast implants but make sure you go to a reputable doctor. The plastic surgeon can fix the nipple as well. In the meantime I would suggest you get a padded bra and just remove the pad from the right side. This will give the appearance of even breasts. Bras come in different padding thickness. Either your mom could help you or the sales person in the undergarments section could help you.

As for the galactorrhea, there can be several reasons as to why this is occurring. Anywhere from medication side effects, herbs, elevated leves of prolactin in the body, amphetamines, marijuana use etc. I would suggest avoid tight fitting clothing, Tight fitting clothing will only irritate the site and may cause more discharge.

I hope your doctor taught you how to give yourself your own breast examinations. It's a good thing your doctor has been watching carefully for breast cancer. You have signs that can be indicative of breast cancer but when your tests come back negative, than it's safe to rule out breast cancer.

You might want to consider seeing a breast care specialist, if you haven't already.

With all the pollutants, pesticides, and growth hormones being used in our food it has caused children to reach puberty at a sooner age than before which has caused a new set of problems. It used to be puberty was reached between 15-16 years old for females and its now 12-13 years old with some cases as early as 8 years old.

Your health at times will always be an incovenience. It's even more of an incovenience when you are being constantly hospitalized and you can't go to your highschool proms or graduate with your class like some teenagers that I know. Everyone experiences health problems and by asking questions and researching on your own you will be more informed and more intuned with your body's changes. Doctors don't have all the answers but they do have most of them and it's up to the patient to be proactive in their health.

What causes galactorrhea?

Galactorrhea has many causes, some of which include the following:

• Tumors (usually benign, or not cancerous), especially tumors of the pituitary (say: "pit-too-it-terry") gland, which is located in the brain
  • Medicines such as hormones, antidepressants, blood pressure medicines and certain tranquilizers
  • Herbal supplements such as nettle, fennel, blessed thistle, anise and fenugreek seed
  • Drugs such as marijuana and opiates
  • Pregnancy
  • Clothing that irritates the breasts (such as scratchy wool shirts or bras that don't fit well)
  • Doing very frequent breast self-exams (daily exams)
  • Stimulation of the breast during sexual activity
  • Kidney disease
  • Oral contraceptives
  • An underactive thyroid (also called hypothyroidism), which is a gland that produces hormones

Sometimes the cause of galactorrhea can't be found.

I pulled this from familydoctor on the internet. It's an org site.

I hope this helps. I know high school can be harsh and traumatic and the last thing you want is to be different. I have been there and I am sure your Mom has too. Talk to your Mom, she can help you, or your aunts, maybe older cousins. They can give you tips and advice on how to do with the kids at school.

Just know that the majority of women have uneven breasts and inverted nipples.

I hope this helps you : ) 

Thank you so much for your help! This makes me feel a whole lot better about things:)