I have a large lump outside my vagina that covers most of my vagina and it is painless.I'm really worried cuz its swelled and is hard as a rock to the touch.it is slightly tender and I've had it for about two or three months and I'm embarrassed to talk to my mom.

Hi.

It's hard to tell without examination. Vaginal cancer is very rare, affecting 2,000 women in US. Beside lump or mass in vagina it may include other symptoms such as vaginal bleeding and watery discharge, pelvic pain or painful urinaton. But, I think you shouldn't worry. Also, don't be embarassed to talk to your mom and your doctor. Only the doctor can give you the right diagnosis and treatment.

Good luck!

I hope you had an ob-gyn appointment by now, but depending on your age, there are far bigger chances that the lump is in fact caused by swelling of the Bartholin cyst. This cyst can grow very big in size in matter of days, and it quickly becomes painful and irritated. Also, it's not uncommon that sweat glands or hair follicles, especially if you're in puberty when your hormones are all over the place, over-react or get infected. Even a simple ingrown hair in genital area can cause a growth of the pretty big and painful lumps. Like a previous poster said, the chances that you're having vaginal cancer really are almost non-existent.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole