I recently had a lump removed from my breast borderline. Later it turned out to be a phyllodes tumor. Now, my surgeon also informed me that so far he can’t determine weather it is benign or malignant. What does this mean??

Well, unfortunately, some tumors can’t be immediately determined which group they belong to. The Phyllodes tumor is one of those very unusual breast tumors that both can and don’t have to be cancer. The only to find out is checking how invasive it is. So, doc can’t tell the nature of your tumor only by looking at it under the microscope – he will have to monitor you for a while in order to see weather it has a tendency to spread or not. All patients with this type of tumor need to be closely followed with physician exams and mammography. Good luck – I truly hope that it will turn out to be a benign one!!