Are breast changes one of the symptoms in menopause? I’m 50 and recently have started to have irregular bleeding; it occurs more often and is light. I had hot flushes and headaches and find this normal, shouldn’t I? I decided not to take hrt and to go through menopause naturally. Should I expect that my breasts are going to change in menopause because of lack in estrogens?

It is not the rule as I know. I have gone through menopause and there were no changes on my breasts. Lots of other things changed that changed my sexual life but am still in good shape because exercise every day. But I do self exam of my breasts and mammogram screening because menopause does not rescue you from diseases. It is very important and every responsible woman should do it. I’m not thinking about getting disease because am not pessimist, just want to be sure that am healthy.

I am 49 and going through menapause, I have experienced lots of cyst and breast enlargement problems. I grow 1-2 sizes larger then normal and hurt all the time when bumped or touched. Is this a sign of a lack of a harmone my body isn't making anymore?

Health Advisor
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/breast-swollen-and-sore&highlight=

i am 51 and have not had a period for 6 months,however i feel as though i retain fluids and my breast have increased
in size from a C to a DD..........and are full and painful. i had a mammography and everything is "normal"......is this in fact
a normal part of menopause?

I went thru the dreaded meno 6 years ago. I still have hot flashes and i still get mood swings but nothing that drastic.
The good thing is my boobs have increased a whole cup size (i actually have cleavage) tho they are a bit tender, especially on the sides, and the left one hurts more than the right.
I went thru it "cold turkey" an i am still around to talk about it, as so is the family ! ! !