Hi, I am suffering from chronic bronchitis for six years already. I got it several times in the winter and when weather is cold. I know that bronchitis may be caused by viruses or bacteria but I would like more to know what damages may cause bronchitis on my lungs in general.

Hi, I am also suffering from chronic bronchitis. It started with frequent acute bronchitis and common colds several years ago. Later it developed into chronic form with coughing which sometimes lasted for weeks. My doctor told me that I would have to eliminate all factors which may irritate mucosa of my lungs if I want to stop coughing. I did it and now I feel much better. If irritation of my lungs would last to long I could develop emphysema and it would be the worst thing that may happen as emphysema is characterized by destroying alveoli surfaces where is made exchange of oxygen.