Hi, I am 44 years old male and I have started to cough lately. I can't remember if I have coughing several times in my life so this one surprised me pretty much especially when I know that didn't have any cold. Shortly after that I have felt shortening of my breath so I decided to visit my doctor. He told me that I am suffering from chemical bronchitis and there are few more people which came from my firm, which is part of automobile industry, with same problems. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, your story is not so rare. There are many jobs on which you may hurt your lungs and lung's airways. You were inhaling substances which are irritating you air ways and their mucosa causing inflammation. You have reacted by coughing in attempt to free you breading air ways. There is not specific cure for such situation but to change working place or to eliminate agents which harm your bronchi.