I am sexually active and am on the pill, but this has never happened before.  I woke up this morning and my period started, but the blood is brown.  It's always been red in the past.  I have been on the pill and sexually active for about a year now.  I have not missed a day of the pill since around October.  I have no had any changes in medication since I started the pill.  What is this?  I don't have my physical for another month and I fear I may forget by than if this doesn't happen again before hand but I don't want to spend the extra money by going to my doctor this week over something that is actually nothing.

Brown blood is simply old blood no previously expelled by the uterus. As long as you ahve no pain or other sympotoms there should be no problem. I have had it happen before. and s you get older and closer to menopause it happens as well. But I think a once now and again feminine wash will help clear out the cob webs so to speak.Also not if you take an antibiotic it negates the pill so you ust use an alternative protection. if you have an doubts take a pregnancy test as sometimes a woman gets a last period that had that appearance when they are pregnant,.as happened with my son. Bt only you know if this amy apply to you. remember the pill is not 100% the only thing that is is abstaining from sex.  But do always mention any change you a e not sure of to your obgyn. also you can call and ask to speak with the nurse. They will direct you better s they are medical professionals.

I'm 19. What are the odds of me experiencing menopause already? I got my first period when I was 10 and a half. I still doubt I'd be getting that close to menopause already.

I wouldn't worry about it.....it probably an old layer of blood shedding from your wall.........sometimes it happens to me and sometimes it doesn't........you're probably safe to wait till next month but I would write a reminder about it for that date on your phone so your don't forget to bring it up...but either way it's probably nothing:)