Few days ago, I have noticed brown spotting on my underwear. This happened now, when my period expired, and when I stopped bleeding. I really do not know what could it be, and should I be worried. Did anyone experienced something similar, so maybe could give me an explanation? I do not know if I should visit my gynecologist because of this, or this is going to pass on its own.

I had similar symptom as you told now, but around 10 days after my period finished. I used to be worried too, because I was young, only 20 years when this happened to me for the first time. Later, I found out I am pregnant. I do not want to worry you, just to give you possible reason for brown spotting after period. It is not necessary some disorder or serious problem, but sometimes it come when embryo implants. You did not specify exact day when you noticed brown spotting, so I cannot tell you for sure. I believe if your period stopped completely, and if you were clean for ten days, it could be pregnancy symptom. My advice is you should report this to your gynecologist; he will give you right answer. I did not say it has to be pregnancy necessary, but that was my experience, so I am telling you what I had. Anyway, make this appointment, if that is not pregnancy, you will need to check it up.

You are right to be worried about these symptoms. Spotting between periods should always, always, be reported to your OBGYN or family doctor unless you already know what is causing your spotting. The cause won't always be found, and you can have idiopathic spotting, meaning with unknown cause, but serious problems have to be ruled out. 

Causes of bleeding between periods include fibroids, endometriosis, a hormonal imbalance, an infection, sexually transmitted or not, injury, thyroid problems, pregnancy (including ectopic pregnancy), and more. You will not be able to figure out the cause without a doctor, so listen to your gut, since you wouldn't be posting here if you weren't worried, and make an appointment. 

I had a son in april 2004... my husband and I are ttc again... we have just started taking it more seriously. My periods have been off. They are usually around 11-28 days late after the last one that I get. For example: if my period was May2nd, the next one I would get would fall between June 13 to June 30th. It's been going on for about a year now. This month, my period wasn't when I expected it... it was earlier than the 11 day late mark. It ended... and now 2 weeks later I'm having brown spotting. I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm really hoping that it might be pregnancy.

If you have any thoughts... please respond :-) Ty

Hmm, it’s hard to say….it seems to me that you are ovulating once in every 45 days (or more) and not once in 30 days, is that right?
So, if you had your period two weeks ago, your ovulation could be from the 23 day until 30th days from the beginning of the period, which would mean that it hasn’t occurred yet. If this is true, you didn’t have the chance to get pregnant because you weren’t ovulating and the spotting, which actually means that the fertilized egg has crawled up the uterus, happens 6-12 after ovulation.

However, my calculations may be wrong because you have such irregular periods.

Have you ever experienced no-period relating bleeding before? Was there any cramping when you noticed the spotting?

no, this hasn't happened before. Just normal to heavy periods occuring 11-28 days late each time. I mean... I haven't calculated when I'm ovulating... but I do look at the mucas... and I make sure that whenever it's clear and stretchy to have sex.

It just is odd... I mean even though the periods were always late... I kind of 'knew' when about they were coming... and it def wasn't 2 weeks after the last one. And definately not this light...

:-(

and also I haven't had any cramping.

well the spotting didn't last more than two days... but usually I'm a night owl. I'll stay awake until 4am and wake up at 930 am. Last night I went to bed at 2am, woke up at 930... then went back to sleep at 10 and here it is 230 and i just woke up. I feel very sluggish. ~sighs~
by now I would have ususally finished my exercising, ate lunch... taken a shower and been wired... its weird

Well, if you still feel that you’re pregnant, you can always make an appointment at the gynecologist and have it checked.

They can see if you’re pregnant just by pushing their two fingers inside a woman’s vagina and feel if your cervix (the beginning of the uterus) is soft or not. If it is soft, this means you’re pregnant. Although there are ultrasounds now, nobody uses the hand technique any more but if they don’t have an ultrasound in their office and you need to make an appointment, this may be the right way to check.

Now, the problem is that I don’t know how long you need to be pregnant for your cervix to become soft.

How old are you anyway?

I'm 22 years old

hi there! Any news yet?

nothing yet... I took a preggo test the last time I wrote back and it was neg. But still no period. I've been feeling queezy at night before I go to sleep... that dizzy feeling.

I really hope I am :-)

I'm not exactly sure what happened... about 3-4 days ago I started having my period. It wasn't as heavy as usual, but it was chunky. And I had a few gaslike cramps, where I usually don't get cramps at all.

I dunno... I'm a little upset now

I have a similar problem. I got my period on time last month and it lasted its usual 5 days. The first day it was really heavy, but I thought nothing of it because usually the first day is the worst. About 7 days after my period was over I had sex with my boyfriend and right after that I noticed some brown spotting. It has been about 5 or 6 days of spotting and now its also accompanied by dark brown clots. I am also having mild abdominal pain, every now and then. I'm not sure what is wrong. If someone could please give me some advise or tell me what this could be I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you %-)

If the spotting occurred right after you had sex, then it is certain it is not pregnancy.

It could be just that some blood was left in the uterus as well as that not all lining was thrown out during your period. When you have orgasm, your uterus contracts, so maybe it expelled/was expelling the remaining blood and tissue.

However, it happens often that if a person has cervical infection, cervical polyps, ovarian problems, is taking the pill to experience some vaginal bleeding after sex. It could also happen that because of the estrogen drop, your vagina and its walls got a bit drier and were aggravated by friction.

If the bleeding doesn’t stop soon or if it happens again after sex or your period, I would suggest you saw a doctor over this matter.

Hello Girls, My period is a 30 day cycle, My last period was Monday May 15th, lasted for 6 days. I had sex monday, tuesday, wed, and late thursday night. But thursday i started spotting nothing on pad or panty liner. I was upset because I want to be pregnant, but if im spotting then i probably wont ovulate right? I cant remember if i Had sex sunday night or not, if i get period again which i hope at least not till 30 days im going to start charting. Is there a chance that i can be pregnant now? I highly doubt it, even with the spotting im having sex because i wasnt sure if it was ovulatory spotting i never had that before when i was trying to get pregnant before. I did have implantation with all three, you would think after having three children i would know. lol
Please help thanks Heather