For the past four days I've been getting this brown (and sometimes red) discharge. I have just started getting cramps (on the left side) Other than that nothing hurts and my bowel movements have been normal except sometimes it'll hurt and once a bit of diahria. As it says above I'm still a teenager and there is no way I'm pregnant. Kind of concerned....Answers please!! :-)

Hi! Brown discharge after period is not always a cause of concern as late period can also lead to brown, dark red and/or dark brown discharge during and after period. Most of the times brown discharge after period is often related with the endometrial tissues (lining of the uterus which gives way to the menstrual bleeding during every period). Remnants of the older endometrial tissues can lead to brown discharge, which we can also call as cleaning process of the uterus, by letting out the older tissues for newer ones. There are chances that the brown discharge after period is an altered blood, meaning it is appearing as a symptom to some kind of a damage to any internal part of the reproductive system, that needs deep examination. It is may be due to some kind of erosion, polyps and/or injury to the surface of the uterus and also at the mouth of the uterus. There are chances that a woman might suffer with brown discharge after period, especially after 3 to 4 week post last menstrual period. Some serious causes that can lead to brown discharge after period are: repeated yeast infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, also known as PID, bacterial vaginosis, cervical cancer, several sexually transmitted diseases (STD) like chlamydia, vaginal warts or gonorrhea, etc. I believe it is nothing serious in your case. :-)

Don't worry about it...all the brown discharging is just dry blood cells...it usually happens before and after u had ur period. If your worried and feel like u might have a horomone disease or something....you are free to talk to a doctor or call ur family doctor and ask them

Hiya I’m 13 and I get brown discharge after my period should I be worried