Hello, I am 24 years old and have never had any sexual intercourse. I have however been masturbating since an early age regularly. I have recently noticed a brown coloured discharge after my periods. It usually happens for around a week after my periods get over. Can I be looking at some sort of infection here? If yes, what can I do to prevent it?
Can it also be the symptom of cancer? I have fairly regular periods, but I have always had abdominal cramps on the first and the second day of the period.
Is it something to worry about?
Thank you.

Brown vaginal discharge is in fact old menstrual blood that got clotted and darkened. Because its much thicker than normal menstrual blood it “comes out” at the end of your period and few days after it, depending on how heavy your period is. This is something that happens to every woman. Its not an infection or cancer – it’s perfectly normal natural thing. Please, don't concern yourself over this.