I was wondering if somone could tell me what they think is going on...I am 19 years old and have only one sex partner I am also on birth control. One day me and my partner had sex and lost the condom because it was kinda baggy on him. 2 weeks later the condom slipped out of my vagina while I was peeing. I immediately went to the gyno because I didn't know if it was bad or not that a condom had been up there that long. The gyno tested me for chlaymidia and gonnarhea and they came back negative. After that incident I noticed inbetween my periods my discharge is dark to light brown tint all the way up to my next period. Then I noticed that while I am having sex the discharge either gets darker or I start bleeding. I have never had this problem before, it has just occured within the last month or two after this condom incident. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for August 7th, but I just wanted some information before then...

Dark colored menstrual blood means than there is just a lack of oxygen in the blood. Its TOTALLY normal and nothing to worry about. Menses can range from light pink to red to dark brown. Its very sad that girls are not educated about the variances in menstrual blood and vaginal secretions - you wouldn't believe what they don't tell you. Bleeding after sex is quite common if on the pill. Try to be as consistent as possible with taking the pill (exact time each day). Ask your doctor to better educate you on your menstrual cycle and vaginal health. All women should know what to look for and what not to worry about.