Im posting for my girlfriend. Shes a Virgin so it isnt an STD. She just wrote this so I figured Id copy and paste and alter it a little more to make it more descriptive. My vagina is very swollen and burns and I get pricks of stabbing pain/itchiness. It started off as just mild irritation after my period. I am having black/Dark  brown discharge after period, like left over blood from my period and It wont stop. Its been days now and my vagina is very swollen and burns so much when i clean it and even when im just sitting around..its driving me crazy that every time i clean i always see the brown/black discharge. It doesn't have any abnormal odor, its just my inner vaginal lips when i look in the mirror are very swollen, as well as the lips near the opening. I am trying vagisil and it takes a while to make it stop burning if it even does stop the burning at all, and between that time and when i am cleaning it i am having a imense discomfort and burning pain bringing me to tears because it stings so much. Is there anything i can do? Or do you know what this may be? A Yeast infection?(usually smells and I heavent heard about dark brown discharge). Or some kind of infection or rash etc. I cant go to the gyno because i dont have health coverage and no extra money. Please Help! Please write back ASAP

I see that you posted this in Janurary, so I hope things have gotten better for you.

I am having the same symptoms. The exact same! Its painful all day and even worse when I try to clean or go to the bathroom. The discharge is completely abnormal and very dark. Mine is very thick and I'm worried that the infection could spread or have even worse effects if I don't see a doctor.

I'm also a virgin and am not on any birth control, so I know its not due to an STD or any birthcontrol side affects. This has never happened before so it isn't due to my period either.

Did it go away? What happened? Did you end up seeing a doctor?

Why does it seem as if no one has the answer to this, i've google and asked questions, but no ones seems to know exactly what it is...i've got all the same symptoms. but i am not a virgin and what set it off was oral sex...which is very weird, it's been two or three days and the discharge just arrived today...matter fact it scared the sh*t out of me...first thing that popped into my mind is damn, could i have an std and from there i googled.

got a few answers for you though.
taking a warm bath helps! a lot
and you may have something called vulvodynia
creams wont work.
it probably is best to go to the gyno, but they probably wont have an answer for you...i doubt its a yeast infection.
sometimes its possible after oral sex or something else that the vagina may be irritated or sore after a lot of stimulation.

idk if this helps i hope it does, but don't worry your not alone im still struggling to figure out how the hell to get mine gone. =/

I'm having the exact same symptoms. Very dark colored discharge and burning in the vaginal area (even worse during urination) i was checked over the summer just as a routine thing and i've not been sexually active in over a year. I just switched from the birth control patch to the pills and it seems as though the symptoms started then or shortly after taking the pill. I talked to my gyno, I had labwork done, and the are treating me with medication that is prescribed to patients with UTI's even though my uranlysis wasn't positive for that, it only showed blood in my urine. If anyone knows what this could be, please let me know. I'm begining to freak out..

Same for me. im on doxycycline which gets rid of becteria (good and bad) but im taking inner health plus so i dont get a yeast infection. This makes me feel really self concious and un physical. i hav brown discharge, not sure if its to do with my period. to be honest it feels like i put a tampon in without being 'wet' which really hurts. IM WORRIED what happened to u guys??A!??!

Hi there I am having this problem for the second time but I'm getting it during my period, then this weird looking discharged started. The intense burning itching sensation started after I finished my period, this is not a yeast infection, but I found a way to stop the burning and itching in less then 5min time, drink citris soda wen u go urinate throw a jug of cold water vertically over vagina wile still sitting on the loo, then apply vaginal cream xeraspor V it helps trust me, so by the time I get to work I am not uncomfortable I can sit stil and do my work, because the vaginal cream subsides the itching and burning sensation

I'm having the exact same problem. How long does this take to go away??

I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and completed treatment of metronidazole 5 days ago. I did STD screening as well as blood tests for HIV but all results were negative. My symptoms went away but now (after having sex using a condom 2 days ago) I have very severe vaginal swelling, burning, and what appears to be a rash. I noticed I was bleeding quite heavily after intercourse (but not during) and did not feel any pain. I have light vaginal bleeding now and it appears to contain bits of skin tissue. I've done urinalysis tests for UTIs, pregnancy test, STD swab, and blood test for HIV and Syph..all were negative! What could this be?

I have the same problem, my gyno had no answers for me...

It seems to get worse after sex... It even hurts for me during sex... It usually takes a week before I start feeling better then I try to have sex again and it happens again I am so irritated I love my fiancee so much I am so happy he is so understanding but we need answers so we can get back to our normal sexual lives...

I have this exact same issue. what is this?? Extremely weird! Help! this hurts!

you may be allergic to latex

I have had this problem for about a week. I've been taking the minipill (Noriday) for one month now and last week I missed a pill while I was on holiday so I went out and bought some condoms. After the second time me and my boyfriend had sex using these condoms (Durex natural plus) my vagina started to get itchy and the area around it did too. One week later I have dark brown discharge and the whole general area is swollen, red and itchy. I don't know whether its a side effect of the pill or the condoms but I know it's not an STI. I just applied some sudocream to the red itchy areas hoping it will ease the itch and pain. If it doesn't stop in a week I am going to go to the doctors, I will update what happens soon and hopefully it will help everyone else suffering.

I have the same I'm actually going tomorrow to the doctor I will write back As soon as thedoctors explain what this is

Wow i av d exact same problem... Mine went away for like 2weeks then d burning, itching n discharge came back again HELP!!!