My friend wrecked a dirt bike Sunday and went to the doctor Monday. The doctor took x-rays of his ribs but didn't share the results with him. He is having trouble breathing and is coughing alot, but he was sick with a cold before the accident happened. He has to hold his side whenever he coughs and he said that he could feel the air gurgling in his side when he holds it. He did start hurting all the way to the right side, and he was afraid that there was somethin else wrong. It that normal?

I bruised my rugby whilst playing rugby, which killed. Shortly after returning home my ribs became worse and i also, like your friend, had trouble breathing and coghing. All i did was to relax and take pain killers (2 everynight before sleeping). Within a few days not only were my ribs better, but my breathing and coughing pains cleared. So in conclusion, there isnt anything to worry about, all he needs to do is to rest and take pain killers for a couple days!