Hello my name is Michelle I am 22 years old and all day today I have been getting sharp sharp pains in my right ribcage when I take deep breaths in I have no idea what it is or what it could be but it's really bothering me. Can someone please let me know if they have any ideas or suggestions please! Thanks so much!

Last year I went to my dr for a pain very similar to yours. It was on my left side, and it felt like it was under my ribs. Actually, it ended up being the intercostal muscle of the ribs. Everyone has these muscles in between each rib. It can begin to spasm causing the pain due to excessive exercising, coughing, laughing, or anything that uses these muscles. He put me on a muscle relaxer to relax the muscle and taught me a breathing exercise which made the pain go away instantly. Take a deep breath, hold it in, and while you're holding it in, push your stomach out and count to ten while doing this. Repeat two more times. It helped stretch the muscle out and the pain went away!I would check with your dr to make sure it is nothing serious though.S