I all of a sudden yesterday had this pain that felt like a pulled muscle in my back then it kept getting worse and today when I take a breath I have pain in my chest, collar bone, front and back of my ribs on the right side. Any one know what this might be? I recently broke my ankle and had surgery (a month and a half ago) and I am still pretty un mobile.

I woke up this morning with the exact same symtoms. At first I just thought it was a pulled back muscle from laying in a strange position. I've had this before, but when the breathing pain got worse I started worrying. Pain gets worse at the height of each breath and I can feel pain in my back and collar bone/neck. I took a painkiller and it's a little better, but still there's a slight pain with each breath.

I wasn't worried until I started reading up. Sounds like I could have anything from a trapped nerve (doubtful) to collapsed lung! Not to worry you unduly.

I plan on giving it a day then if I'm still bad tomorrow go for an x-ray. I'd suggest doing the same.

Are you a smoker? On a scale on 1-10 how bad is/was the pain?

I know what you are both talking about. I had the same thing happen to me and when I went to the doctor they ran a EKG just to be sure my heart wasn't involved and then they told me it was eco-skeleton, meaning I have bruised my ribs. But how I don't know or even have a clue because when before has a bruise hurt so bad and asprin didn't help? I don't know.

Yes I'm a smoker have pain in my left shoulder down my arm some numbness in fingers