Hi, I have had a swollen upper abdomen for the past three weeks. I feel like there is a small hand towel stuffed right under my upper abdomen when sitting down. When standing up I feel and even look pregnant. If I take omeprazole or have alkaseltzer and eat nothing that evening I will wake up and my stomach will look somewhat normal. I juice everyday eat a Mediterranean diet. I exersise, the only thing I have done differently is i started doing push ups and an ab cruncher at the gym. Never hurt myself doing this. Any ideas what this might be just discomfort no bard pain some back discomfort at times.

Could it be a hernia?  I don't think you would feel/look pregnant though with a hernia. It would feel uncomfortable and you'd be able to feel a bulging area when pressing the area.  A hiatel hernia is sort of where you mention, but I would consider the area where people feel the discomfort, around the stomach area.  If you take your hand and put it on the boney area of the chest, lower your hand to where that bone stops, that's where your stomach is.  is that where the discomfort is?  Cause if so, it could be a hernia.  You also mentioned exercise and people sometimes get them with physical activity and dont realise that something is wrong until sometime after the fact.  It's just something that I thought I'd throw out there

Health Advisor

Dear members and guests,

Have you been enjoying SteadyHealth's ebooks? Well, we've got another one out now, and we're offering it to our readers for free again. This time we offer you our ebook about the benefits and potential pitfalls of the Mediterranean diet completely free for the next five days. This book is for you if you want a long-term solution for your health and your weight. Also, in it you will find tasty recipes and some useful links.

You can download it by clicking on this link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S4BZTO4.

It's free for the next five days, so grab your chance while you can!

If you like our book, please leave us some feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Intrigued with the Mediterranean diet? Don't know what all that fuss is about and why people talk about it so much? Find out in our ebook "Mediterranean diet weight loss results", which is completely free for three more days. Do yourself and your health a favor and try the Mediterranean diet!

Health Advisor

Today is the LAST DAY of our free promo campaign for the ebook "Mediterranean diet weight loss results".

A quick reminder - you can download it completely free from Amazon by clicking on this link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S4BZTO4.

Find out how to follow this diet in the proper way, preserve your health and lose some unwanted pounds. Also, you will discover many yummy recipes and hear real-life experiences regarding all aspects of the Mediterranean diet.

If you are satisfied with our book, give us some small encouragement by leaving your review on Amazon.Thank you!