I have developed a small bump on the top of my left foot - about the size of a small pea. It is about 1 inch below the joint of my big toe. It does not have any pain, but I am wondering if I should be concerned. I have had problems with gout in the past. I am in my early 50's. Do you have any input on this? Thanks.

Hey there!

Did you ever had a bunion on your foots? It could be a bunion or some callus probably gotten from uncomfortable shoes?!? You said you don't feel any pain by touching the bump ... What color is it? Is it hard or more softy? How long do you have it? It didn’t grow over the night or? ;-)

Let us know maybe we could help you .. For example I had bunion's surgery 2 months ago. Now I feel great and my foot is looking much better ...

No, it is not a bunion. I had one of those on my other foot and had it surgicaly removed earlier this year. This is on the top (not the side) of the other foot. It is soft and does not have any discoloration. Thanks for your reply.

hmm .... maybe it could be a kind of plantar wart. Plantar warts have small black dot in the middle of the bump. Can you see it too? How long do you have it already? Is it always the same size? Do you feel uncomfortable wearing shoes and socks?

However, it is difficult to guess, so the best way is to call your pediatrist or better then this to visit him. It could be a simple cyst or corn or fatty thing, but also it could be reaction to totally different things.

Maybe someone here from SteadyHealth physicians know what could it be ??

I myself had a Large hard lump on the top of my foot that grew and grew until it was uncomfortable to wear shoes and it turned out to be a type of Cyst called a Ganglion. It was almost no risk to my health but i did get it removed through a quick day surgery due to the uncomfortable aspect of it. Although in my case it ruptured and he cut a nerve therefore making it highly painful to walk for the next week. It also made part of my foot go numb and it still is today (over one year later), but it is not likely that this will happen.

I have recently developed a very sore small bump on the side of my little toe, which has a small black dot in the middle. I once had a plantar wart many years ago, but I thought those were only on the soles of your feet? Any clues? It is quite painful when wearing my high heels. It does not hurt while barefoot.

I have a bump on the top of my foot underneath the skin and it has been there for almost a month now. It has a bruise like discoloration on top of it. It is extremely painful. I went to the doctors and they said I sprained my foot. The bump hasn't gone away and it is still painful. What do ya'll think?

Im in the same boat as you. mine started out pea sized, very hard about 2 months ago its smack dab in the center of my top foot, about 2 1/2 in. below second toe. but just a couple of weeks ago i noticed it became flatter however its spreading outward and getting wider?? still kind of hard. No discoloration at all, no pain. Feels weird sometime but its definately under the skin some where. I was wondering should i be worried also?? Plz let us know if you find something

You should not be concered....It is called a foot wart my friend (: Don't worry I have one too! You should go to the doctor and get it checked out..Its not SERIOUISE but if you would like to get it removed..Just get an appointment (: It feels really really good!! (: Does not hurt what so ever! Hope I helped!!

hi i have this bump thing on the top of my foot. its not that big and it doesnt have any coloration. it deosnt hurt but its gotten bigger ive probably had it for a year and i dono what it is?? is it a popped vein?

My 14 yr old son had a lump removed from the top of his foot today. We are not sure what it is.We are having his tested. Its Best for you  to go to the podiatrist and have it checked out.

i developed a lump on my right foot at the top between my toes and ankle.  it is about the size of a pea and very hard.  it hurts most of the time when i wear my shoes.  i went on google images and typed in "lump on top of foot" and some of the images look just like mine.  apparently it is some kiind of cyst, but i always thought a cyst was filled with fluid, where this feels really hard, like bone.  if it gets any bigger i guess i will have to go to the doctor. 

I have a bump on top of my left foot too... Is it a bunion? It's very painful and seemed to develop over night

I just discovered a golfball sized lump on the side of my foot above the arch almost on top of it. Hard as a rock and itches. No other pain, no discoloration, no black spot, just there. Didn't notice it till I went to clip my nails.

It is called a Ganglion Cyst not harmful!! It should go away soon. Make sure to keep a close eye on it and monitor its size. If it becomes painful try wear shoes that do not touch it. Or contact a foot surgeon to have it removed. :)