I am about to have a surgery done in a couple of days time. I have a so tailor bunion developed on my foot. The doc told me he will remove the enlarged portion of the bone, cut and realign the bone, and correct the position of the tendons and ligaments. Now, what I am interested into is the healing process after the surgery had been performed. Is there anybody who can help me? All info welcome!!!

Hi! After my surgery I was taken to a recovery room for observation. They monitored circulation and sensation of the foot. When they made sure I was ok, they let me go. Then they gave me the instructions what to do at home. I was realized with a special surgical shoe that was supposed to protect my foot. I had to rest a lot, and keep the leg up with ice on foot, so the pain and swelling would go away. I had to put a plastic bag around the dressing while having a shower. The stitches were removed 2 weeks after the surgery. I was also advised to do some exercises or a physical therapy to help the foot recover faster. It all depends on the surgery, and particular situation you know! Good luck!

I too am expecting to have surgery on a Tailor Bunion. It is on my right foot and I have no idea what to expect? Will I be able to drive, work, or walk? Will I need crutches? What is the recovery time?

It will take a long time to recover I would think twicw about having the surgery

I am only 16 and I was doing research on the internet on Tailors Bunions and came here. I actually have 2 bunions on each foot [lucky me] but my Tailor Bunions are worse. First when I went to the foot doctor they said it wasn't big enough that they should operate but it hurt.(it about wide as my thumb) So I thought I was over exaggerating and lived with the pain. But now all of my toes are deforming and the pain is horrible. Though I get it at least 3 times a day and it can last from 10-60 minutes.
Should I get it operated on?

Hi, i am almost 8 weeks recovery from having both of my tailors bunions operated on at once. I found it to be a long recovery process- I was in CAM walkers (giant surgical boots) for 6 weeks and I am currently in lighter surgical sandals- the doctor said I would be able to switch into a normal sneaker this weekend. I got the surgery done because my bunions were pretty bad (I'm only 21) and they would only get worse with age- it hurt to be on my feet while wearing closed-toe shoes. I think the surgery went wonderfully- my pain was minimal but I would suggest doing it when you have family or friends around to take care of you (for the 1st 2 weeks I couldnt even get off the couch by myself) and when you have plenty of time for recovery- don't rush the healing process. It's totally worth it if your bunion is causing you physical pain.

Do it while you are young. I am 27 and my mother is 57. She had a smaller surgery on her foot with no metal needed in the same area and she is still in pain 3 months later. My surgery for my bunion and taylor's bunion was 2 weeks ago. I had 2 screws and a staple put in. 1 screw for the taylor's bunion and the other items on the big toe. First 2 weeks are painful to put it mildly...but they give you pain killers for that. So you really don't notice. Yesterday I got my stitches out...and that is about all that is bugging me right now as I write....lots of stinging in the skin where they pulled the stitches out. The bones ache right now...but nothing like the numbness and pain I had when trying to wear shoes before the surgery. I am off meds as of a week ago and I am driving around for short periods.

So my thing is...do it while you are young cause you recover faster...and you won't be in a lifetime of pain.

I need help in finding a Dr. in Houston, Texas to do taylor's bunion surgery. I had bonion surgery about 15 yrs a go with a Dr. in Houston and it really went very well. I needed bunion surgery on the other foot about 8 yrs later and my good Dr. had retired. The second surgery didn't go well and was very painful. I am now 61 yrs and help care for my 94 yr old Mom. I need a GOOD Dr. and as little pain (less meds) as we can get by with. HELP!!!

I had a Tailor's Bunionectomy 1 week ago. I am in pain at time and surprisingly, it was more painful than I thought it would be. I have had 6 other foot surgeries and this by far has been the most painful. However, it helps when you have a great doc. I use Dr. Steven Moskowitz here in Houston. He is outstanding and has helped my feet so much. You might give him a try. I would recommend him to anyone.

? can I take ibifformen 800 mg with advill to help rehab from surgery that wont hurt the healing process?, I have PAN Poly Artris Nodosa.....[/url]

I had both of my feet operated for bunions on when I was 18...now I"m 31. They saved the bone etc..but they grew back. Mine are not as bad as they were initial but still are not great. Now I have a really bad Tailor's bunion that hurts A LOT. Its getting worse and worse every day. I know surgery will cure it but does any one know anything else that would help?

I am 15 years old and I have to have taylors bunion, & hammer toe surgery together in like 3months(exactly). My doctor said I can return to normal activities in 2months. As of now i can not wear a closed in shoe. but I am delaying the surgery until my dance season slows down...i have had to cheer in flip flops because it hurts that bad...& i have a high tolerance for pain. the surgery will be on my left foot. I am super scared that i will not be ready in 2months because i have dance nationals(yes i am a very involved girl). WILL I BE OKAY 2 DANCE???? OH and will they put me in a cast???

I had right foot reconstruction 3 months ago. The bunion part of the surgery has still not healed (xrays revealed) and is painful. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and had to go off my meds a week before and after surgery. Kineret esp. my biologic. If I need reconstructive surgery on the bunion, should I stay on the biologic, like my rheumatologist thinks, or go off like my orthopedic surgeon demands? Surgery was painful, but seriously, I couldn't walk on the foot at all it was so deformed, so at this point, it doesn't matter one way or the other.

I am expecting to have surgery on my bunion in 1 month will I actually be able to walk afterwards they said I will be in pot. How long do you have to keep the pot on for? Can you drive in surgcal boots XD

im 20 and im getting tailorss bunions rmoved tommrow on both feet and a bunion on one. Im not too worried about pain because a pain killler will do just that in no time. Im actually worried about the scars this surgery may leave. My doctor told me to be off my feet for at least 6 weeks to prevent scarring and excessive pain. i guess Ill keep you guys updated. 8-|