Burglar Enters Home With Knife, Leaves With Two Bullet Wounds (KSDK) - A burglar picked the wrong home to invade on Thursday morning. The intruder had a knife, but the homeowner he encountered pulled out a gun and started shooting. After breaking Willie Brown's window, the burglar walked upstairs into a bedroom where Brown was sleeping. But after grabbing Brown's wallet, the knife wielding thief received an unexpected and unwelcome surprise when Brown opened his eyes. Brown said, "He was standing right at the door. He said, I got a knife. Don't move. I said, What? I got a knife. Don't move. Don't move, huh? You got a knife? Okay, you got a knife. And I shot him. He said, Whoops! I said it's too late for whoops now. I'm going to put a whoops to this 38." The wounded suspect ran down the steps as Brown continued firing. A bullet hole is lodged in a wall along the stairwell. The thief made it to his car, but was picked up by police a short time later. Brown, a 73 year old former Green Beret, says he has protected himself since he fought in the Korean War. "When I was in Korea I slept in a foxhole, with 5 hand grenades, a 45 automatic and a M-1 rifle" But it was the 38 caliber handgun Brown kept tucked underneath his pillow that made a difference on Thursday. Brown said, "I keep it up there all the time" While he said it was unfortunate to have to shoot the man, Bropwn believes it saved his life. "These days you got to have something to protect yourself or you are going down, because they don't care whether you're old, young, whatever. Woman or man, they'll take you out. They don't care." :LOL:

Some criminals are soooo stupid. Bringing a knife to a gun fight is just foolish.

an ex-Green Beret? nice choice! he keeps a 38 under his pillow - whoops!

That is why jails are full of criminals...

One of the funnier perps we had in my jail was a guy that went to a local department store, loaded a shopping cart full of designer jeans. (OK it was the 70's) He then zoomed out of the store to a waiting car.

Thief and driver were arrested as they were loading the jeans into the car in the store parking lot.

He's a funny old coot!