I have heard for one sad and terrible case about a young man. He was just 32 and after 5 months suffering of Burkitt’s de died. I found it so sad, and that is why I want to hear what kind of terrible disease is that. I have never heard someone suffer of Burkitt’s and I have no idea what it could be. That is why I would appreciate if someone would explain this problem to me.

I have to tell you first one sad fact, that Burkitt’s lymphoma affect children even more then adults. That is one of the most invasive cancers, very similar to leukemia, and very seriously disease. Burkitt's is often referred to as B-cell leukemia, because the type of malignant cell is called a B-cell. Unfortunately, the exact cause is not known, as we have problem with any serious diseases like this one. The diagnosis of Burkitt's is usually made by a biopsy from a suspected disease site. This site could be for example one that doctor doubts, such as the bone marrow or a lymph node. The staging of the disease is done quickly to spare the patient any life threatening complications from the rapid tumor growth as it is common situation. Tests that are done to diagnose Burkitt’s lymphoma include a complete blood count, a platelet count, a bone marrow aspiration and biopsy and lumbar puncture. Further tests may include radiographic exams such as CT scan to look for occult masses. Anyway, I have to assume that usually extensive x-ray procedures are not required.