In one article, I have read something interesting about Burkitt's lymphoma. There I found out that is very rare form of cancer. Off course, as problem never comes alone, I have heard that is the most common childhood cancer in poor regions of Central Africa. Why I am posting here, and why I am so interested into this disease? Because I have heard that is one of the most aggressive of all human cancers, so I want to know if that is true.

Everything that article researched is supposed to be pure truth. Burkitt's lymphoma is one type of a group of malignant diseases know as the Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas. These lymphomas are very similar to the leukemias, and are very aggressive cancers. The type of malignant cell present is called a B-cell and Burkitt's is often referred to as B-cell leukemia. As with some other cancers, the exact cause is not known, and this problem must happen obviously with this kind of diseases. Burkitt's is the most common in children in Africa and there is some evidence it is caused by Epstein-Barr virus. Outside of Africa, chromosomal defects in some of the patient's cells may be the cause for Burkitt’s lymphoma. Unfortunately, children still seem to be the most affected, but there are cases of adults with Burkitt's also. This malignancy grows very rapidly and a person who appeared in good health does not have much time. Sometimes it is even enough a month or 6 weeks, that person become critically ill. As you could see, it is really terrible disease, and we should anyone who suffer of Burkitt’s lymphoma if we can.