Hello. I'm 23 year old female and I'm very worried about my mother. About a month ago she started to suffer from these strange symptoms such as swelling of the lymph nodes and pain in bones.
She contacted her doctor and he diagnosed her with some rare tumor called Burkett’s lymphoma.
We were devastated when we heard this terrible news. Anyway, doctor prescribed her some strong medication called Methorexate or MTX but I believe it doesn’t helping her at all because she is feeling worse then ever and got these small red patches on the skin.
Is there any alternative for MTX in Burkett’s lymphoma treatment!?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your mother and you probably know hoe serious this disease really is. I'm also very sorry that she don’t respond to this MTX treatment although it is one of the best medications of this kind on the market! There is also possibility that she might be developing an allergy to some substance in this medication. In these cases, doctor should prescribed her some doxorubicin which is commonly used in place of methotrexate. But your shouldn’t expect much from this therapy. Treatment of Burkett’s lymphoma is difficult and as far as I know -bone marrow transplantation is the only hope of long-term survival for these patients.

I don't know if you will come back to this site, but I wanted to suggest a vegetarian diet for your mother. My husband has been diagnosed with lymphoma. He hasn't decided on a treatment yet.

Is your mother still alive?

Cathy