Hoping someone can assist me on my issue here, at its becoming a bigger concern. I am a 27 year old male. I had unprotected sex with a female around the beginning of June and shortly after I noticed a mild burning sensation in penis tip when I ejaculated. I knew this was likely to be some kind of STD as a result, (I had been diagnosed and treated for non-specific urethritus 2 years earlier) so proceeding to get an appointment with my GP. He prescribed a 10 day course of Doxycycline 100mg capsules which I took as prescribed. I returned to the doctors as my symptoms persisted. I gave a urine sample (which was tested for such infections) and also the penis tip swab test which all came back “clear”. However, I explained that my symptoms were still present and felt the need for a longer course of antibiotics, and my GP pointed out that urine tests are not always 100% accurate. He prescribed a 14 days course of Erythromycin 250mg which I also completed, and still the symptoms persist. To try and clarify these symptoms further, it’s difficult to find the best adjective to describe, but I guess it’s a burning or mild stinging sensation that is most prominent after ejaculation, but I can also sense it at other times of the day, noticeably more in the evening perhaps. Its not a massive or unbearable pain, but something I know should not be present and as a result is becoming more of a concern for me, especially after the antibiotics prescribed. Based on this, any advice on the would be greatly appreciated: Could this still be an STD that was undetected on the urine test and swab test AND resistant to the medication outlined above?? If so, is there any other way of finding out? Also, having read similar cases to this on-line, a lot of people are recommended to visit a urologist. Would this be beneficial based on my symptoms and what tests would they be likely to carry out? Many thanks in advance for any information/advice. Much appreciated.

i cannot explain how exactly you have described what i have been feeling.
same with increased intensity at night, yet still sort of able to feel it throughout the day.

i am a 20 year old male, had unprotected sex and thought it was an STD. went and got checked and there was nothing wrong. i went to see a few doctors to discuss my symptoms and they all said it is just very likely that this is purely psychological.

for some reason i am still unsatisfied but if they are correct, then this feeling will apparently not help me get better.

any answers would mean a great deal.

*
*

FAO: douglas133

I got this reply from another forum, hope this helps??

"Non-infective urethritis can be caused by immunological problems (outo-immune diseases) and anti-inflammatories and cortisone may help - an urologist will be able to diagnose with blood tests. I don't think you have an antibiotic resistant problem. "

Have been feeling the exact same symptoms. Have had various std tests that all came out negative, had urine samples that all showed nothing..

Frustrates the hell out of me.

I do also in addition to the symptoms experience a pricking sensation aroundn my groin and on my upper thighs...

Need a cure- want to smile again

Help I have the same burning sensation after taking doxycycline. I have also had one of my testicales swell up a few days ago but that went away. My testicales seem to be extra sensitive now but the burning comes and goes. Please post a response if anyone finds out what going on down there

I have the same problem and did a lot of research on the subject. Apparently this is a symptom of a prostate problem and is not related to an STD. Have your doctor check out that angle before you worry yourself to death.

Take lot of water before sex. I had the same problem. After ejaculation lie down with your back up for some time. You will not have this problem. Looks like if you don't have complete ejaculation part of semen goes into urinary tract and thats what causes problem. Now if you had lot of water and urinate after the ejaculation the urinary tract clears up and you never feel the itch or burning sensation. Hope it helps you. It surely helped me.

I came onto this site with the same problem, it has been going on for years. With the posts stating about drinking a lot of water prior, and also sitting up, I thought about that. As with the problem I'm having tonight, I'm not drinking water, but beer, I didn't urinate afterwards, nor sit up for a few minutes, however when I'm not drinking, and I follow thru with the rest, I have absolutely no problem. So my answer has been discovered and to the rest of you, if you do not take the necessary precausions, 3 motrin and sitting up on the computer, watching tv, anything of that nature for about 15 minutes, problem gone!!

I have the same problem with my penis burning after masturbation sometimes but it doesn't happen that often. It usually occurs after drinking alcoholic beverages before masturbation or from masturbating too frequently, for me at least. I found a solution that works for me that can also possibly help you guys too. When I get the burning sensation after masturbation, I just get a wash cloth or rag and run warm or hot water on it and squeeze the excess water off the cloth and wrap the cloth around my penis. The warmth is what usually makes it go away. This usually works for me and it usually works in about 5 minutes and then the pain is completely gone. I just figured I'd share my little remedy with you all, could be helpful to someone. :-D !

By the way, I researched this problem, and it is by far not a STD, it is just the urethra having an irritation because of masturbation too frequently or the urine being too acidic (not drinking enough water). People that have never even had any kind of sexual intercourse before have this problem as well. I have had this problem for years even before I became sexually active, so it is definitely not an STD. :-D !

guys the above post of drinking water really helpd me coz whenever i empty my urine before i do masturbate this problem comes and whenever i dont empty my urine and the i masturbat this problem does not persist i dont know why this itching happen but i know 1 thing not to empty ur urine before masturbating coz the logic says this itching happen because of acidic reaction of sperm and urine if u will do urine and then masturbat the sperm will combine with some urine reamaining on the top so the sollution is never empty ur urine before masturbating or doing sex [/enc][/list][/list]

I have had the same problem. I've narrowed the cause down to masturbating after I've been drinking and not peeing after I ejaculate. If I don't pee, @ 10 minutes later my urethra is on fire, so then I pee as much as I can to make the burning go away. Thanks for the tip USDA. I will try it next time.

I have my self have this problem but after sex my penis burns for around 3 days!! i drink at least 3 litres of water a day to flush my self out and i dont drink any fizzy drinks at all!! i have just add my test come back and its all clear!! PLus i get water invetions? very odd indeed :'(

get yourself checked for some sort of fungal infection. All the symptoms sound very like thrush.

Try using Hydrozole to reduce inflamation and kill the fungus. After using for 2 weeks, get a broad spectrum anti fungal cram and apply for a good 2 weeks after the symptoms have gone.

It may also be eczema, which can be treated with cortisone. Dont worry yourselves, doesnt sound like herpes.

I am experiencing the same problem. This comes and goes. It doens't happen everytime I ejaculate. When it does happen, I am in a lot of pain and my penis becomes very sensitive and retracts back into the skin. My sctorom and testicles become constristed. I went to the ER and they suggested putting vaseline on the tip of my penis to help the sensitivity. If I sit or lay down and don't allow anything to touch the head of my penis it feels much better. I would realy like for this to stop. The first time I experienced this was in Jan. 07 and I have been masturbating for a couple of years now. All tests have come back negative. Before I did notice there was some burning when I was ejaculating. But it didn't last. My current pains goes for 3-4 days.