I'm 21 years old, and have been diagonsed with a history of kidney stones... When I was 16, I had my first stone and never caught on that caffeine was one of the main culprits! I passed a few other stones since then but this latest stone I had is really getting me...

Starting in Jaunary, I had the usual symptoms of a kidney stone...horrific pain on my left side, traveled down into my abdomen, had blood in the urine for awhile but eventually everything calmed down and I was hoping I was good to go...wrong! A few weeks later I started feeling very common UTI symptoms (Which is common for me after a kidney stone) so I went to the doctor, they threw me on some antibiotics and that problem was resolved... Somehow though I noticed I never passed that stone...*sigh* I went to an Urologist a few days ago, paid a horrific amount of money, and in the end got nothing done to me but a nice little push on my prostate...

After that visit, I felt what seemed to be a stone halfway through my urethra later that night...finally after drinking a lot of water, and several peeing sessions later, I saw what resembled a fairly large stone in the water so I collected it for the urologist. Ever since passing that stone though, I've had the worst problems with urinating or ejaculating and it's really starting to worry me! During the intial process of both activites, there is no pain, just a little discomfort...after both activites though, there's a very sharp pain that comes from where the stone felt to be the night I released it. The strange thing is, the pain is pretty bad 5 or so minutes afterwards, but if I sit down or just relax, the pain and discomfort goes away until I urinate or ejaculate again...

I was just wondering if anybody had any clue what could be going on...is there a chance the stone cut a piece of skin (Possibly dangling?) inside my urethra, hence the severe pain during urination/ejaculation? Is there a chance that I only broke off a part of the stone and there's another chunk just sitting where the other piece broke off? Any advice is very welcomed... Considering my age, I have no health insurance, and with this whole ordeal, I haven't been employed since it all started and getting a job is one of the least of my worries right now (Sad, I know...*shrug*). The urologist I went to wanted me to get an IPV done, which is going to run me $450.00 bucks or so, and then if they do find say another stone up in my bladder or urethra, there's another grand I'm going to have to spend just to have them check it out and break anything up if that is indeed the problem (Which I'm praying isn't...). Hopefully I can get some advice cause honestly, this is one of the worst spots for pain for a guy XD Help?!

Bump, problem still is there...

I would suggest having your renal (kidney) function tested, as well as testing for excessive Calcium in your blood (cause of kidney stone). After this is tested you will know a lot more.

Have you asked for an x-ray of your penis area?? This will show up any calcium deposits. I am currently going through the same thing myself. I have a Kidney stone which is 7mm in size, and another which was only 2mm, however that one seems to have vanished and i too am wondering if it has found it's way to my penis as i have a lot of pain there at the moment, which only seems to ease when i sit or rest, as you said is the same for yourself. I am having to wait 4 months for treatment as the National Health Service in the UK is dreadful and there are many time waisters taking up Hospital time and beds due to the fact that treatment in the UK is free. The only treatment i have been offered is the camera up the penis which i am not looking forward to, but i want this pain over. I hope you find a reason for your pain and if you do please post here, i will do like wise.

I'm 34 and I've had the same problem with post urination/ejaculation pain within the past two years. I suffered from kidney stones since I was in my early 20's and once they were diagnosed I learned to recognize the symptoms, but this pain was new. At one point it became so severe I dreaded urinating.

My problem (and yours may be the same) was that my kidney stones were passing unobstructed but seemed to "congeal" or gather together in my bladder to form one large "clumped" looking stone about 7mm in size. It seemed to just be rolling around the bladder, causing me all kinds of prostate pain, and was especially painful at the end of my urination stream as the stone would come up and completely cut off the stream (kind of like "blue balls" - OUCH!). I found that standing certain ways or leaning "over" the toilet seemed to help - apparently this would reposition the stone so it didn't cut off my urine stream. I read where one kid who had one of these stones could pee standing on one foot...

One day I couldn't take the pain anymore and so I drank and drank copious amounts of water and refused to go to the restroom. I also ate a half of a watermelon (watermelon therapy I found to be VERY effective in hydrating me and helping pass problem stones) and when I felt I was about to burst I grabbed my strainer and went to go pee, and lo and behold the stupid stone came out! I don't know what scared me more, the fact that a 7mm stone was swirling around in my strainer cup and I couldn't grab it (I was peeing for like a minute or more) or that it didn't hurt coming out. I did have residual little clumps of what looked like blood coming out after passing this stone, but nothing like the pain I felt before.

I still have pain during urination and ejaculation, but it appears to me more "prostatitis", what my urologist describes as calculi in my prostate, like seeds embedded in a tomato. I'm reading now about how magnesium is supposed to help eliminate or reduce these prostate stones - but as I haven't tried it yet I have no idea as to its effectiveness.

Good luck in resolving this - I quite literally "feel your pain"!!

its all about diet. you should stay away from dark soda, coffee and smoking. drink mostly water through out the day. start paying more attention to what you are always eating. because thats what is causing the stones to build up in the urethra, or the calcium. stretch and exercise also. and stop stressing. you will not take the stones with you when you die. hope that helps. tommy

I'm not sure if I'm in the kidney stone fan club or not. I woke up two nights ago with a need to pee really badly and I took a leak and felt like someone was jabbing a fork in my penis while doing it.

I got a flu shot this morning and now my kidney hurts. Not sure if flu shot has made it worse or it's unrelated.

Going to doc tomorrow to see what the hell has happened too my body the past few days. Before this, no problems at all.

if you piss and after your done ur penis like has a sharp pain for 10 seconds and earlier this week my side was hurting pretty bad for a couple days what does that mean, do i have a kidney stone or whats going on..?

I am a 17 year old recovering from a kidney stone operation i had yesterday where they went up my man stick and shock waved the hell out of the damn stone. all I can say is I am SO sorry man

Most Medical issue are about dieting, especially kidney stones, stop drinking dark colas and grape fruit juice, start drinking more then 2 1/2 liters of water. Substitute the Soda for lemonade citric acid helps prevent kidney stones from forming.

Eat less Meat. People who eat Animal Protein are 10x more likely to form stones.

Developed a diet of potassium and magnesium.

Limiting your Calcium and Salt intake are alsto big factors. In the summer make sure your always hydrated and especially avoid salty foods like ribs, steak, grilled chicken, cheesburgers.

And for gosh sakes people start exercising to keep your organs functiong properly. If you want to experience pain every time you pee or ejaculate then avoid this post crazies! :O

Not sure why, but I have a slight burning sensation in my penis all day today after having passed a kidney stone last night.

It took 17 hours for the b****r to remove himself from my urninary tract.

The pain was unbelievable.

I have cut a 4 inch long, 1 inch wide and 3/4 inch deep on my thigh with a Skillsaw, sustained deep 2nd degree burns on my other leg from hip to boot top with 230 degree water, been sprayed in the face with .021% Capsaicinoid Oleoresin Capsicum (military grade pepper spray, not the wussy stuff cops use) and by far, passing the kidney stone took far more guts to sweat the pain, then anything previous.

BUt back on topic, hopefully, you find a cure, and I don't get what you had....

ok i have a question. 2 days ago i went to use the bathroom, and a VERY sharp pain ripped threw the end of my penis.. it feels as though im urinating glass. but nothing comes out but yellow urine, like normal. the pain is so intense that i refuse to urinate. the only thing i can think of is i got something in the water when i went swimming at a local lake the other day, the pain started while i was there. it started out as just an annoyance. but now its to the point of making me about scream. last night it was about gone, but after i got up, i went to use the bathroom, and its more intense than it was... if i gently squeeze the end of my penis it feels like there is something in there, and it couses pain. this has happend before, but the only thing that has ever come out is urin, no blood, no stones. it can not be from an std since i have never had sex of any kind. i have drank over half a gallon of cranberry juice, incase it was a kidny infection, but to no help.. PLEASE give me some idea. i can't afford to go to the dr, as i have no job, and no way of getting $$.. ! :'(

Go to a real doctor. Go to the hospital if you have to. Get a x-ray or whatever you call it. I don't care what it takes but get your penis checked out to make sure there is nothing in it. It doesn't matter what the doctors say, but if you feel there's something wrong, most likely, there is something wrong. Go get it checked out.

ejaculating while having kidney stones is probably your main problem here. Kidney stones hurt the most with urination so think about the possibilities of more fluid being forced out of the penis. It will hurt just talk to a doctor about medications

I also experienced stones stuck in my penis near the opening. This came after i had shock wave l. and one stone was left small to pass the urethra but too large to come out. It stuck in the bulbous urethra. After a month of being stuck in pain I decided to squeeze the stone out but it was not successful. I then poured olive oil into my urethra. Let it stay for a few minutes and submerged my penis in warm water and peed. It finally came out almost 1 cm long and 4mm wide, bullet shaped with very sharp edges. I recommend this method particularly for those who underwent ESWL and are having a painful time passing out the stone. Hope this helps.